Would you trade your 13+ GT5.0 for a C7?

Fast_5.0

Established Member
Has anyone considered trading their 13+ GT 5.0 for a C7? I'll be taking a trip up north to check out two of them at a dealer who my family has dealt with for years. I currently have a '14 5.0 with full exhaust, intake, and 93 tune. I have a list of mods planned but the cost of install/labor will put me at the MSRP of a 1LT Z51 C7. The idea just popped up in my head one day.

Any thoughts?

optica1ilusionz

Established Member
While it is a better car, and i'm sure a much more enjoyable driving experience, i couldn't simply because imo it's just ugly. I like the body lines of the C6 much better.

D.T.R

Established Member
No. It's apples and oranges... 2 different types of cars to be honest... they're geared towards 2 different segments of the market... BUT... if I were to get a vette it would be a c6z and nothing else.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Cool car, but not a GM guy although i've owned a Typhoon which was my only one. I really hate the back of the C7, front looks ok. I would rather have a C6 or 6CZ all day over a C7.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
No. It's apples and oranges... 2 different types of cars to be honest... they're geared towards 2 different segments of the market... BUT... if I were to get a vette it would be a c6z and nothing else.

Perfect answer!:beer:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I don't have a 13 and I never trade in cars.

But seriously, the Vette is a nice car. For the money you can't beat it. But it's still a lot of money ($53K with no options) for a car that will depreciate quickly in value.

burke985

Established Member
Hell no just destroyed one the other day ...but he didn't know I had a blower :banana:

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Considering the fastest (not 100% sure) M7 C7 is running 11.9. Not bad for a stock car, but shouldn't be that hard of a challenge for a light bolt on and tune 5.0

Last edited:

Action Bronson

Established Member
if I were to get a vette it would be a c6z

^^This

My supervisor at work went to check out the new C7's a couple weekends ago with the intent to test drive and buy one. He said the dealer marked up the price and it put a base model close to $70k and with a few options he wanted it pushed it closer to $80k. He ended going home with a used black C6Z someone had traded in the day before on a C7.

With that said, if you got the $$, go for it! It's a badass car either way.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Nope! C6Z was the only car gm had that wasn't compete shit everything else is ugly as sin, and now they don't even make a good looking vette anymore. Will a bolt on c7 and the new z06/z07 hurt a lot of feelings? Yes, but doesn't mean I would enjoy driving it because it is just so ugly. The front of the c7 is the just plain nasty, but what kinda response did you think you would get posting this in the 11-14 section? You would've gotten the response you are obviously looking for in the road side pub...

burke985

Established Member
It's not even the same class car , it belongs in the same class as the GT500 and we all know how that would end up. If you have the money then you can build any car to do anything. With that said they look nice and if I decided a 1000 dollars a month for a car note was an option I'd get a GT500

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Personally, no. I LOVE Corvettes, if I were to do it it would be for a C6 Z06 or a Grandsport. The C7 just doesn't appeal to me visually and they are very, very expensive. $70k for a regular Vette is just insane to me.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Considering the fastest (not 100% sure) M6 C7 is running 11.9. Not bad for a stock car, but shouldn't be that hard of a challenge for a light bolt on and tune 5.0

This^ Not to mention that was a stock tires too, iirc I think that same car has gone a little quicker. Just wait till the aftermarket parts start rolling in.

69camaro...

Established Member
Without a doubt would i trade! The new C7 is light years over the gt500 in my opinion. Go test drive one, ull be going home with one

01bluesnake

Established Member
The vettes have always done pretty good with stock tires since GM (unlike Ford) has always kept some meats in back. Couple that with the IRS and the car is great even in stock form. I haven't seen any C7 Manual trans runs with just a tire. The C7 i think will be a very good contender once the '15 GT makes way, except price range will be 1.5-2 times that of the GT putting it in the GT500 pricing area. At that point i would go GT500 all day if i'm spending that type of money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread