WOW Look who is selling there COBRA

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Mine is right behind it. Ill have my ad up as soon as I get a chance to go though it. I'm also selling my xj.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Mine is right behind it. Ill have my ad up as soon as I get a chance to go though it. I'm also selling my xj.

I didn't know you had an XJ. If I had the extra funds I'd add a second one to my fleet and get rid of my wifes SUV. Why you selling?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I didn't know you had an XJ. If I had the extra funds I'd add a second one to my fleet and get rid of my wifes SUV. Why you selling?

Yeah I've got a 98 with a 3" lift. I've taken a whole bunch of Dales take off parts. Truck has lots of new stuff too: Rusty's 3" lift, JKS swaybar disconnects, RE track bar, Magnaflow Cat, Dynomax Catback, Whole new charcoal interior (thank you C4C), new flex plate, shift solenoids, TPS, Oil pump, oil press sending unit, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, TCU, tires, Serpentine belt, brakes, and probably more crap I can't remember right now.

So basically we are selling for two reasons...1, I'm tired of fixing it, and 2, we need something bigger. Right now the plan is to sell the XJ and the Focus, then get Marisa an X5 or something similar. We just flat out have to many cars right now and we need to reduce the fleet.

Boobinspector

Established Member
1st, I wanted to say I hope Nate has a good time boating :poke:

2nd, why were you looking for cobra's on CL?

My brother in law found a DSG one with 100'000 plus miles and I was giving him some advice. In this I decided to poke around CL and see what was out there. I do not think I will sell mine.

I have to much sentimental value in it. Well I would if it was a financial burden. Family first.

wheelhopper

Established Member
You guys are making a mistake selling your Terminators. The '03 are nearly 8 years old already. The next 12 years will fly by and we'll be putting Historic tags on them and they will be more desirable than ever. I am experiencing this now with my '90 GT. 8 years ago it was an old Mustang. Now I get more compliments and looks at the track and on the street than I ever did with my Terminator. Plus the Terminator is rarer than the GT 500 at this point. Only a 2 year run, like the old Boss Mustangs.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
You guys are making a mistake selling your Terminators. The '03 are nearly 8 years old already. The next 12 years will fly by and we'll be putting Historic tags on them and they will be more desirable than ever. I am experiencing this now with my '90 GT. 8 years ago it was an old Mustang. Now I get more compliments and looks at the track and on the street than I ever did with my Terminator. Plus the Terminator is rarer than the GT 500 at this point. Only a 2 year run, like the old Boss Mustangs.

No kidding but sometimes there is a law you cannot cross. Got the pics to proove it but that is for another thread!

Boobinspector

Established Member
I put it this way. I bought my cobra after my wife and I married at a court house. With full intentiions of a bigger wedding for the family. This is the car that we took on our honeymoon. This is also the car my first son went home in from the hospital. I have a little bit of sentimental value raped up in it.

I hope to keep this car so that when it is time to teach all three of my boys how to drive a stick. It will be in this car and watch them sweat bullets. Hell Yeah.

monX

Established Member
I put it this way. I bought my cobra after my wife and I married at a court house. With full intentiions of a bigger wedding for the family. This is the car that we took on our honeymoon. This is also the car my first son went home in from the hospital. I have a little bit of sentimental value raped up in it.

I hope to keep this car so that when it is time to teach all three of my boys how to drive a stick. It will be in this car and watch them sweat bullets. Hell Yeah.

:beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Doug, I think the new boss will have similar appeal in the future. I have lots of attachment to my gt, but almost none to the cobra. I built the gt, I bought the cobra built already. I wish I'd kept my Redfire, as, it would be nice to have now that it wouldn't be my daily anymore. To late for that though. I drove one of the new mustangs and got hooked, and that boss mustang looks to be killer.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Just make sure you get a car your willing to drive the way you want. I wish I would have gotten an R that was a little more worn so I would not be so concerned with messing it up on a road course.

flattrack53

Established Member
Just make sure you get a car your willing to drive the way you want. I wish I would have gotten an R that was a little more worn so I would not be so concerned with messing it up on a road course.

Same here. My 00r just clicked 909 miles today

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
just saw this. haha Mark, i didnt know i was selling a boat? The car has generated a decent amount of interest and I've gotten a few offers but I'm in no hurry or need to sell and I feel I have it priced right so I'll just sit on it and keep enjoying it. Saturday I am planning on taking it to the Wings and Wheels car show at the Stafford airport just north of Fredericksburg, VA

Users who are viewing this thread