wreck ... help!

coleman

Established Member
well, now i've got bad news... :kaboom:

i was only about 4 miles away from my house coming back from an autoX @ Pennington yesterday when this lady runs a red and right into me! ... i didn't see her coming until it was too late :(
my car is a complete mess & i'm so worried about what to do from here...

btw, everyone appears to be fine.
I was a little angry :cuss: to get hit, but i immediately chalked it up to "it's only a car" & made sure the lady in the other car was fine... shaken, but not hurt.

I need some help. What should I do given these circumstances?
You all have been soooo helpful in the past :thumbsup:

currently, i'm having the car towed to the dealership that i bought it from. who should repair it? appraise it?

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
I would say, start looking for another one. Insurance is probably going to total it! The frame looks pretty tweaked?

How many miles on the car?
Who's your insurance provider?
Was the other person insured?

Good luck, glad you are okay!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
That's some bad luck bro... Looks like she tagged you pretty good too! I'm sorry this happened to you. Time to start checking around for good bodyshops in your area.

U.M.

King03Cobra

Established Member
Man Coleman, really sorry to see that and glad everyone is OK. The insurance company will do the appraisal and might as well let the Ford body shop handle it so you know you are getting true Ford replacement parts.

In the last month, I have wittnessed 2 red light wrecks just like what happened to you going from The Colony to Richardson. I have stopped driving the Cobra to work because of this. People need to put down the cell phones and pay attention to what is going on around them on the road.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i'll have to agree w/ Got-Cobra here...look for another one b/c it won't drive the same. take you're mods off and put them on the next one (at least the ones that are ok).

good to hear that no one was hurt and you're right, it's just a car (easier said than done...i know b/c i wrecked my old mustang). good luck and hope everything turns out ok.

coleman

Established Member
Originally posted by Got-Cobra?
I would say, start looking for another one. Insurance is probably going to total it! The frame looks pretty tweaked?
i'm really torn. should i even hope that it's totalled at this point?
How many miles on the car?
11.5K ... it was my daily driver :(
Who's your insurance provider?
Nationwide
Was the other person insured?
yes, she is.
Good luck, glad you are okay!
Yes, I'm fair. just a litte quezy about the whole incident.
i'm just glad she didn't t-bone into me, cuz she was going quite a bit faster than I. I had just started off from a stop light with a truck in my right lane, so I never had a chance to see her until it was too late... cuz the truck was blocking my view.

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
WTF dude?!? I'm glad you're not hurt and no one was injured for that matter but damn. Crap like that pisses me off. I've been noticing when i drive my Cobra out ppl have to ride my bumper to no end..when i take my daily driver out they're not even close to my rear. I know a few ppl that have gotten hit in their 03's by other ppl accidentally. I hope it all works out for u and glad you're okay. The insurance company would claim it as totalled from what i've seen from other cases, who knows..but the frame looks distorted. I agree with King03..all to often i'm seeing ppl talking on their damn cells while driving :fm:

Last edited:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Dude that sucks, looking at that is heart wrenching. Can't imagine how you feel. Unfortunately insurance is probably going to total it. Might be for the better, looks like the frame is pretty twisted up there and I'm guessing probably did a fair amount of damage to engine components.

Good luck getting the resolution you want. Looks like atleast $15k of damage sitting there :xpl:

coleman

Established Member
i think my full-length SFCs will work toward my disadvantage here...

i have a few more shots of the accident scene

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Maybe the pic is too far away to see her car clearly, but she doesn't seem to have much damage? :shrug:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
OMG...that's horrible!:( :nonono:

Glad everyone is ok..really, that is the most important thing.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hoping that bad situation works out for the best. :beer:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Damnit that sucks...I am sorry to see that man...Heh brother... the car can be replaced, you can't...I am glad your ok. I agree with the others, looks like alot of damage with the high probability that the frame has been compromised...She really took a hardshot... :(

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Holy Crap Coleman - that is horrible. Glad you are ok and all - but I would have beat the crap out of that person! I would be getting to the chiropractor so you can claim pain and suffering to recoup some of your mods - insurance will not cover these unless you had a rider adding these mods to your policy. If your car is totaled, strip EVERYTHING off the car. Those pics make me sick to my stomach...:(

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

OverToad

Established Member
Overstated perhaps, but I'm glad it wasn't serious.

Upside is that your ok.

Downside is that, from my vantage point, I don't see enough damage to total your car :(

I T-boned a light pole in my 97, which looked far worse than that, and it wasn't totaled.
But if it means anything to ya, I also had Nationwide as my insurance, and they did a fantastic job :thumbsup: Also, I let one of the Blue Ribbon Ford Body Shops work on the car, and though it had to go back once for some tweaking, nobody ever noticed that the car had been wrecked.

GL man, and keep your chin up!

Chris C

Established Member
im gonna cry

Damn looking at the pic makes me want to :cryying: :eek: :(. That sucks bro i feel for ya. She tagged nice and good. I'd be claiming a stiff neck and back and all the good stuff. get some extra money from her!
but im glad to here ur ok though.

Users who are viewing this thread