Wrecked 2003 Satin Silver Cobra. Now for sale.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
My apologies if this is in the wrong thread, about a month or two ago while it was raining, I was nudged in the rear end by an F250 on an on ramp and it put me into a spin right into a concrete lighting pole. The picture of the damage the You see is the worst possible angle I could have taken it. The interior is great despite the look
IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_4102.JPG
just so I could present myself as being honest about what the car is. The interior is perfect the engine is perfect the exhaust perfect the wheels are perfect.

The big question is how much should I ask for it. I already got it back from the insurance company. Motor has 92K. Also has Apple CarPlay and an MGW short shifter, Billstein shocks, Corsa exhaust. Blah blah and so on. What do you guys think. Still runs beautifully. Thousand dollar set of black blame projectors by the way. This post literally hurts my soul.

Attachments

• Image1639036203.207362.jpg
    Image1639036203.207362.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 685
Last edited:

quad

Established Member
Wow! Sorry for your loss there. That's one of my worse nightmares! And it can happen in the blink of an eye. Your Cobra looked great it is a real shame!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a shame! Your Cobra was such a good looking car. Weirdly fortunate that only the driver's side got badly pummelled. Very fortunate that you apparently were not hurt. You must have hit that concrete lighting pole really hard.

The upside is that you should be able to sell the undamaged wheels, interior, engine, exhaust, etc. fairly easily.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Anyone know what I should ask? That’s why it’s posted here

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you have room to take the time to part it out? I think the last time I saw one of these engines for sale it was still around $6K by itself.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Do you have room to take the time to part it out? I think the last time I saw one of these engines for sale it was still around $6K by itself.
I honestly don't. I wish I could. Got a big offer for just he interior. Declined, im selling the whole car

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
South Florida, and if somebody’s got 13 grand is theirs.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Forgot to mention. Engine is bone stock down to the Pulley guard.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like a great candidate for someone building a fox or similar gen Mustang.

GLWS.

OSU34

Established Member
If you want to sell the headlights separately I’d be interested.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I’d guess in the 12k-14k as is. Motor complete…. 6k, 3k trans driveshaft etc, 2k IRS, 1k seats, 500 rest of interior. And any body parts etc that are still good.

What’s the buy back from insurance? They bid it out to junk yards and the highest bid is what they offer it back to you for. They are usually close within 2-3k of what it is worth in parts unless you nickel and dime every possible part.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I’d guess in the 12k-14k as is. Motor complete…. 6k, 3k trans driveshaft etc, 2k IRS, 1k seats, 500 rest of interior. And any body parts etc that are still good.

What’s the buy back from insurance? They bid it out to junk yards and the highest bid is what they offer it back to you for. They are usually close within 2-3k of what it is worth in parts unless you nickel and dime every possible part.
Hagerty allows you to retain the vehicle if the clause is selected at the beginning of the policy and I believe it costs a bit more

So fair to me seems like 13k. Ill do 12.5k with 500 going to the SVTP Server fund. Anyone?

edit* 500 from Me

Users who are viewing this thread