Wrecked my car, insurance help?

Jefe

Established Member
my repair shop estimated 9k and apparantly the adjuster's was more than 14k cause that's what the car was valued at for some reason. the company is an instate company that mainly deals with commercial trucks because it was under my business insurance, so im pretty sure that's y it was totaled. but then again i have no idea.
Was it a stated value policy or did they even ask what you wanted the car insured for when you originally wrote the policy? I just cant believe they totaled it

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Was it a stated value policy or did they even ask what you wanted the car insured for when you originally wrote the policy? I just cant believe they totaled it

If I'm not mistaken you only need to do 1/3 the value of the car in damage to total it on something as old as an 03. Being fair market value usually puts them in the 18k-20k range you're looking at only $6k in damage. That's not that difficult to do.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
So what's the verdict man? Did the adjusters come yet?

Yea the adjuster came and she has no business doing what she does. She's completely unqualified and incompetent. Thank god due to the car crossing the state line to SC that she can no longer handle the claim. Basically, long story short, it took her four days just to have it towed to the body shop and in her initial estimate she missed a TON of things.

I've made an appointment to be with the new adjuster next week so I can go over the car with him. I should have known better than to let that woman look at my car on her own. I told geico to pound sand, that what they quoted wasn't going to cut it. I'm optimistic about next week :D

Users who are viewing this thread