Wrecked the Cobra!

Vmnous285

Established Member
I got off work yesterday and about 2 miles from work I see rain comming, so i slow down to about 50 in a 70 zone and I guess that was still to fast with drag raidals:bash:. I started to fish tail toward the divider so i turn the wheel the other way and around i went just like i was on ice and i slammed into the guard rail. It even knocked my battey out of the tray with the hold down still bolted down.

DSC00499.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

fred50stang

Established Member
Wow, that sucks man!

On the bright side looks like it's only a front/rear bumper and fender + paint + alignment. Those battery hold downs are cheesey not surprised it broke.

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the accident. I was in one a few years back so I know how it feels. Judging by the pics it doesn't look to bad. The bumper covers and fender can just be removed and replaced. Get your frame and allignment checked out as well. Keep us updated and let us know how much it's going to cost.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
dr's in the rain claim yet another victim.

geez man that really sucks, good luck with everything.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Damn that sucks, Drag radials in the rain got me about 4 years ago. But at least the damage doesnt look that bad.

Vmnous285

Established Member
Thanks guys. The body shop is gonna look at it monday and the Insurance will be there to look at it. They said they will not use aftermarket barts, so that good. The only thing i feel in the car is a vibration in the shifter and in the floor. Other then that it seems ok.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
It looks like nitto DRs?? i have them and drive in the rain all the time. I never have a problem but mine are pretty new.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I have nitto dr's and if I even think its going to be wet,
It sits in the garage .
Been on expressway and got caught in the rain before and there is no way to control it !!
Hell its hard enough with regular tires on a vert to control.
No weight in the rear of these cars and its a crap shoot anyway.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
It looks like nitto DRs?? i have them and drive in the rain all the time. I never have a problem but mine are pretty new.

It looks like BFG's to me. I had Nittos a while back and i also drove it in the rain all the time.

OP, at least your car is not that "badly damaged". It could've been much worse at that speed.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
I feel for ya. I hydroplaned on street tires and went into a gaurd rail two weeks ago. She's still waiting to get started on by the body shop...

SlowSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys. The body shop is gonna look at it monday and the Insurance will be there to look at it. They said they will not use aftermarket barts, so that good. The only thing i feel in the car is a vibration in the shifter and in the floor. Other then that it seems ok.

You got away easy on this one. DR's are the #1 cause of Terminator getting totaled. Are you still planning on running DR's on the street?

Users who are viewing this thread