WRX, a decent kill?

BlkFord281

Established Member
i was going to school yesterday when i saw a new black WRX ahead of me at the next light, im usually looking for someone to mess with since ive yet to have a go at it with the 03', so anyways i get next to him to see its the same guy that was driving a newer integra that i recently put 4+ cars on by 60 from a roll:) ...so i tried to catch a light but the little bastard wouldnt get over when he had the chance so all i got was to race him from a 20 and 35 mph roll, but pulled on him pretty nice...put about 3+ cars by 55 or so, i really dont know much about the WRXs, i think they r single turbo awd w/ 250hp? i think it woulda been a pretty good raping if it was all out...gotta suck for him, he probably thought his new car was fast:nono:

PDubs

Established Member
They can be made fast. I raced a 2000 WRX from a 45 punch, and he had I/E/IC upgrade/turbo upgrade/boost controller/upgraded valve springs?/225's on all corners. Man that thing shot out there like nobody's business, but by middle of third I was pulling, and had a few car lengths by end of fourth and shut it down. He then cranked the boost a little bit, we went again, and it was a little closer the second time.

We pulled over and talked. Cool guy, that's how I know what he had done to his car. He also had a 30 shot but it wasn't full. My only mods: XPipe with cats and c/b

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Nice Kill:beer: for one, and I know the STI's are kinda quick but, on the track I made it look like a joke. They can be made fast true but, there really not much competition to us.

vacobra

Established Member
From what I have heard an STI will walk on an EVO....is that true? If so, what is up with all of the evo talk in the other threads?

RedFire2003

Established Member
From what I read the Sti will walk an Evo the evo's are over-rated if you ask me. But they can be made fast just like the Wrx and Sti. A guy I know here has a WRX with a new STI motor and absolutly every other mod including bigger turbo fuel syst, everything all the susp mods too its a sweet car. He has a lot of money in to this little thing he claims he just dynoed it in California after installing the STi motor and with a conservative tune it put down 400/400 at the wheels. But when I asked him to run me (pretty much stock) He first tryed telling me he would kill me then when he saw I didnt care if I lost he told me he still had the stock tranny and that he didnt wanna race till he upgraded to a better one lol! anyway Nice kill!!!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Originally posted by vacobra
From what I have heard an STI will walk on an EVO....is that true? If so, what is up with all of the evo talk in the other threads?
That's all it is ...... is talk.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
...as stated, they can be made fast.

Stock they are fun but modded they are better.

Mine is a stage2+, putting 214WHP/220WTQ to the ground.
Thats like 300 flywheel. Have not had it to the track but g-tech says 13.8@98.
Not any challenge for an '03 driven by a non brain donor if both parties are actually racing.

Have had several go's with Lightnings, mostly even or pulled a door on them. I don't go looking for runs, just have a long drive to work and that breeds chance encounters.

No better SE Michigan commuter car for my money and enough "in traffic" power to have my way with a surprizing list of "fast" cars. Nobody expects a little silver wagon to dice like you can in this thing.

WRX2SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by RedFire2003
From what I read the Sti will walk an Evo the evo's are over-rated if you ask me. But they can be made fast just like the Wrx and Sti. A guy I know here has a WRX with a new STI motor and absolutly every other mod including bigger turbo fuel syst, everything all the susp mods too its a sweet car. He has a lot of money in to this little thing he claims he just dynoed it in California after installing the STi motor and with a conservative tune it put down 400/400 at the wheels. But when I asked him to run me (pretty much stock) He first tryed telling me he would kill me then when he saw I didnt care if I lost he told me he still had the stock tranny and that he didnt wanna race till he upgraded to a better one lol! anyway Nice kill!!!

He was playing it safe with the stock tranny. Even at the weak 170 whp stock it's very easy to brake the stock WRX tranny. If he's got 400 then that tranny would definately be toast. I'd say he's running low 12's with that power if he can get a good 60' time.

Users who are viewing this thread