wtb 03/04 w/ whipple,kb in southeast

sam23

i am looking to purchase an 03/04 cobra w/ over 550rwhp (kb, whipple, procharged) w/ a manual trans in the next week if possible. I live in charleston,sc and want to find one in the southeast (sc,nc,ga,fl,etc.). I am willing to pay up to $30k if its worth it.

sam23

i'd love to buy it but i could only get 24 at the most from the bank for a car loan and i only have around $6k in cash. I don't think i could pay over $30k for one.

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
I just checked and average retail on my car is $27,525... I bet you could get a bank to loan that amount... add 6k to it and we are very close!

rmgtc01

Established Member
Check cars.com, there was a whipple redfire vert. on there recently for a great price.

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
you will find one in your price range, keep looking, I got mine for $25k, whipple, automatic, solid rear, etc.

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
blowns281 said:
you will find one in your price range, keep looking, I got mine for $25k, whipple, automatic, solid rear, etc.
WOW, unless your car has a billion miles on it you SERIOUSLY got into that guys ass on that deal!

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
Oh I remember that car... the same amount of boost as my 2.4 KB and cams car but mine put out 150 more hp at the wheels... I still think that car must have something wrong. But either way you got a bargain!

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
ford did a leak down and a compression check and everything passed, It will be retuned soon, and I will post the new numbers
btw: sorry for stealing your thread

sam23

Did you have a nitrous kit on the car, its in your sig. if so did you use it and how much of a shot.

Has the car been to the track? if so what kind of times?

I am planning on using the car i buy for a daily driver for this summer then i'm probably gonna sell it in august when i move to atlanta for a job

You also got to factor in the price of me flying down there to get it. I would like to take it to a shop to get it diagnosed on a laptop or dynoed to make sure everything is straight because i don't know too much about heavy mods like that

to keep in mind there are alot there are some others for sale similar at lower prices:

03 cobra coupe silver w/ cams,heads,whipple,etc around $28k 750rwhp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003...4625401813QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

03 cobra coupe black w/ ati, cams, heads, everything possible $30k 777rwhp:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...4624656033QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

03 cobra white coupe, kb, built rear end, new built motor $31,900 604rwhp:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=8+Cylinder&doors=&lang=en&fuel=&cardist=293

03 cobra white vert w/ kb, stage 3 crowers, heads, rear end, etc 630rwhp $32k:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=8+Cylinder&doors=&lang=en&fuel=&cardist=211

I don't mean to aggrevate you, i've just been researching the hell out of these cars. I'm def really interested in purchasing it for the right price after i sell my 03 cobra on thursday.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I agree, that is a steal. How come these KB/whipple cars are selling close to what a good bolted/pullied cobras are? (the 25k/28k ones). The guy on cars.com is selling it for 27/28k. Crazy!!
I understand if it is a forced sell and patience is not an option, but damn!

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
No the nitrous was never put on my car... I bought it to put it on and all the accessories (gauge, instrument cluster pod, switch pod, etc) but decided to sell the car instead and sold all the parts, except the Edelbrock Dry kit I still have. My numbers were on 93 octane pump gas and at 17-18 lbs of boost THROUGH CATS! JDM did the cam install and tune on the car.

The car has not been to the track because it still has the stock clutch in it and I knew that at the power levels it is at I would fry the clutch as soon as I hit it with a sticky tire.... but I have all the clutch stuff to do it.

The car is great as a daily driver, I drive it to work everyday! The closed good shop is in Lubbock which is 120 miles away, but the car was in there a month or so ago getting the rear end fixed (brand new diff) so they can tell you about the car.

I can't tell you why people are selling these cars for similar prices to eaton cars but I'm not an idiot and refuse to! My car is priced at a great price... anyone that is very familiar with these cars knows that. I am not in a desparate situation in need cash... I paid cash for my car and will keep it if it comes to that...

One of the old timer mod motor experts, Joe Lynch, who is also an SCT dealer, is familiar with this car... hell he lives down the road from me and almost bought it last week, and will vouch for it.

But no I am not going to give this car away for $30k either, not with all of the extra parts I am including! I would take $32k without any of the extra parts though... PM me if you wanna discuss it more.

Last edited:

RUN4BUX

Established Member
I have a white 2003 cobra with 4400 miles on it that I might sell. It has the usual mods for a KB car; KB 2.2, Inj, Boost-a-pump setup, heat exchanger, x-pipe, borla exhaust. Also has kenny brown suspension except strut tower brace wouldn't fit with KB. Car is near flawless as it is always garaged. Stock machine finished wheels and tires. I would need $29,500 for it or I will just keep it.

You want be disappointed in this car. On a safe tune (11.2 A/F ratio) the car made 587 rwhp. I am located in north Alabama. If interested call and leave a message at 205-486-0893 or e-mail your number to [email protected] and I'll call you.

Shane

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
RUN4BUX said:
I have a white 2003 cobra with 4400 miles on it that I might sell. It has the usual mods for a KB car; KB 2.2, Inj, Boost-a-pump setup, heat exchanger, x-pipe, borla exhaust. Also has kenny brown suspension except strut tower brace wouldn't fit with KB. Car is near flawless as it is always garaged. Stock machine finished wheels and tires. I would need $29,500 for it or I will just keep it.

You want be disappointed in this car. On a safe tune (11.2 A/F ratio) the car made 587 rwhp. I am located in north Alabama. If interested call and leave a message at 205-486-0893 or e-mail your number to [email protected] and I'll call you.

Shane

that is one hell of a deal. that should not last long at that price and those miles. good luck

sam23

that white kb coupe is awesome but i'm looking for something with cams kinda. I've actually talked with a guy who had a 01WS6 w/ 700rwhp on ebay that he wants $27900 for but it would be hard to find a buyer for something like that if i ever decided to sell it. The bank will only give me $16k for it and that thing will never have that 4v exhaust note

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
showle02 said:
that white kb coupe is awesome but i'm looking for something with cams kinda. I've actually talked with a guy who had a 01WS6 w/ 700rwhp on ebay that he wants $27900 for but it would be hard to find a buyer for something like that if i ever decided to sell it. The bank will only give me $16k for it and that thing will never have that 4v exhaust note

And I would like to add that what was likely done to that LS1 to get 700rwhp would most likely (keep in mind I know nothing about the vehicle in question) make it ALOT less suitable for a daily driver/occasional track toy than what is done to a 03/04 Cobra to acheive similar numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread