WTB 2000 Cobra R Wheels

FMD

Established Member
Hey there guys, looking to see if anybody knows where I can pick up a set of these wheels? I live in Manalapan, NJ, and have been having a hard as hell time trying to find these. The reason for the rush, is a found an 01 Cobra im buying shortly, and the tires are almost as bald as slicks, so I plan on buying the wheels that Ive wanted forever and putting tires on those.

I cant understand how most companies that ive asked say they stopped making them in 2009, and all of them have disapeared now. If somebody knows where I can buy or has originals, Id prefer those over replicas. Im looking only for 2000 Cobra R's, and only in the silver finish. And if I end up finding a set but they have road rash and/or possible dents and such, can that be fixed somehow? Thanks for whatever help you can provide guys.

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
I found mine about a year and a half ago in a local sale. They have road rash but they're OEM and I got them for $500 with brand new BFGs on them...the guy didn't know what he had.

Good luck with your search!

FMD

Established Member
Thanks, yeah I mean I know you can get the wheels refinished and such, but Im not sure if you can fix dents, or heavy structural damage to the wheels (so that they cant be balanced). Ive actually found a few that dont look TOO bad, but theyd have to be shipped here, and Ive already bought wheels from craigslist before, lets just say they were the worst wheels I ever had in my life lol.

PhaidOut

Established Member
You can fix virtually any damage. The problem is the cost. I just priced out some Roush wheels for repair. 2 Chrome Wheels was about $650. Re-Chroming was $100 each wheel.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I was looking at a set of authentic Cobra R wheels for sale a few hours from me, and they needed the lips repaired and the entire wheel refinished. I was quoted I believe somewhere around $120/wheel to have them completely repaired to like-new condition.

A re-chrome is more expensive compared to a repair/repaint job.

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
What kind of prices is everyone seeing on these cosmetically damaged Cobra R wheels?

Just trying to get a feel for what mine might be worth should I decide to try out something different in the future.

FMD

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies guys... And yes I got your PM, those are the Chrome fake ones though unfortunetly, I would just buy a pair of them if I wanted. Im looking to get the silver ones if I can find them.

Thanks for letting me know though that they can fix everything but its more so the cost thats the problem, because to me its totally worth it to pick a set up and eventually have them restored to nearly brand new, I love the wheels to death. Now I know though if I stumble upon something around here that I should pick them up, and if anybody knows a set around 07726 or knows somebody who would ship, id apreciate it :)

FMD

Established Member
Uh no thanks Mobil :p lol Im not one of those nutjobs who think a few grand on asanti or lexani wheels is normal sadly xD But thanks man I keep checking everywhere pretty much, these are my favorite wheels on earth, followed by Crager SS, but they dont make them in 18's.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Well they are no longer made so your prob gonna have a hard time finding them orrr it's gonna cost ya. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread