WTF a 1500 hp Go cart. Check inside

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
hmmm, would like to get a better vid than that and would like to know what exactly happened at the end with that explosion.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
I thought this was a little crazy regarding the engineering and possibilities.....so, i emailed the link to my mom, who is a product reliablility engineer at Rolls Royce where they make huge turbine engines for the military jets and helicopters. i had her show the page and video to some of the engineers to see if all the mumbo jumbo made any sense. sure enough it did and i was talking to her on the phone while a few of the guys were surrounding her computer. one of them said, that's cool, but it will blow up in no time at all! then they got the vid downloaded and ..... bam! the kart blows up. then i talked with one of the engineers and he said that they did a similar project in college where they made a motor that was only 2" wide at the biggest part...and it made over 10 horsepower! (it ran on hydrogen peroxide also!) he explained that it's not a feasable fuel as it would require a huge tank of it to go very far. plus the design is like a "bomb" where you have a ton of power for very short periods, hard to harness that power into a useable form. i was most impressed with a 2" motor at over 10 hp! that's about 3 times the power of a typical lawnmower in something about the size of a tennis ball!

Users who are viewing this thread