wtf is wrong

mach1chk

Banned
wtf is wrong(dyno sheets)

got my car dyno'd in 49 deg weather and it put down 318rwhp and 340rwtq.

then i add a twin 60mm accufab throttle body and a 3/8in intake spacer and dyno in 60 deg weather and made only 310rwhp and 330rwtq.

the only difference is i did not get the car tuned for the tb and spacer, but i dont think it would drop that much.

suggestions? other then get it tuned

taken on the picture phone. but these are the before and after dyno sheets.

dyno numbers before 3/8in spacer,tb and ported lower intake
318rwhp and 340rwtq(cant see torque in pic)
bportintake.jpg

dyno numbers after 3/8in spacer,tb and ported lower intake
312rwhp and 337rwtq(cant see torque in pic)
aportintake.jpg

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
IMO you answered your own question. :) If a car is tuned for one set of mods and you add different especially ones that mess with air flow your going to encounter different numbers. It could also just have to do with how the car was running that day, temperature, etc.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Weird, I don't know what to tell you except that cars can have different readings on the dyno depending on the day. Does the car still run as well as it did before?

mach1chk

Banned
Weird, I don't know what to tell you except that cars can have different readings on the dyno depending on the day. Does the car still run as well as it did before?

give or take .1 and .2 a/f at most at some rpm.

did a compression test and all cyl came back 195-203.

did a leak down test and it too was awesome.

all this was done on the same dyno

at 2500 im down 2hp/5tq
at 3500 im down 2hp/4tq
at 4000 im down 5hp/6tq
at 4500 im up .1hp/0tq
at 5000 im up 1.7hp/2tq
at 5500 im down 2.1/2tq
at 6000 im down 8.2hp/7tq
at 6400 im down 2.1/2tq

that is the hp/tq difference at that rpm

Last edited:

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Hey is this Eric or Mellisa ???????? anywho its Brent i thik though your A/F looks simillar you still possibly need to get it tuned again really you should have gained .... unless its overkill for your combo ... did your nitrous numbers lower ass well ?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Ford racer could be right on the humidity aspect, alls i know is i have been dissapointed with my numbers before but it does well on the street . can you feel it on your butt dyno ???

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
HAHA oh by the way you gotta bring drs or slicks when ya spray cause those street tires are like ice skates esspecially with that TQ jolt , hah i hate spinning it sucks !!do you guys still have the other tires you usually use ?? or did you just take em off so fo you wouldnt shred them on the dyno at FFP ? my gear grinded 2nd to 3rd and when i tried to run the silver zO6 it grinded and couldnt shift but damn i adjusted my clutch and its cool now and wanted to run again ..we were side by side but since that thing is on a big diet vs my fat cobra ill be willing to bet even if we lost our passengers i would have gotten edged out esspecially with the cam and LT;s ect ,that thing seems swift.

Anywho .. do you physically feel a difference with your new mods or is it too hard to tell ?? Maybe take it to the track on WED and see how she does .

Users who are viewing this thread