WTT:03 IRS for Straight Axle, Fl

03atc

Established Member
I was going to sale my car but have decided to keep it but I'm converting it over to a straight axle.
Car has factory gears, never seen the track. Comes with Maximum Motorsports IRS bushings and low profile bolts (not installed yet). Also has a bassani catback with stainless tips.
I'm located in the panhandle of florida if anyone is interested. PM me for quickest response. Would like to have the cars side by side to do a complete swap. :thumbsup:

03atc

Established Member
DOHC 04 SVT said:
Good luck with it bro. I'd like to have a built solid axle swap as well, but am undecided whether or not I am going to.

- Chris
Thanks man, I would trade for a stock 8.8 if I can find someone to trade me. I know someone around here with a Mach or Gt has to be interested in an IRS setup. If not I may just have to buy one and install it then try to move my stock IRS.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I would like to trade, but only problem, is the solid axle I have is in my daily driver, 98 gt with a cobra spec rear end, it has larger brakes, and i belive a different gear ratio. But I may be wrong, only problem I see with this is that I need little to no down time for my car. Let me know so we can try to work something out

03atc

Established Member
I just had some info become available to me that I will have to have a 99 or later gt rear end for everything to match up..ie width, brakes etc.
But if I practically had my IRS setup sold I would order the straight axle and put in the car. Then the IRS could be picked up and payed for. Would rather trade but I'm open to suggestions.

v8shme8

Established Member
There is a 3/4" difference on each side in width which could be compensated for with spacers and there is no difference between cobra brakes 94-04.

03atc

Established Member
v8shme8 said:
There is a 3/4" difference on each side in width which could be compensated for with spacers and there is no difference between cobra brakes 94-04.
For now I'm going to wait for a 99 or later because I'm not really wanting to run spacers. I'm also going to change to gt brakes so I'll have clearance for the drag setup I'm about to put on it.
I'm not saying no for sure but just going to hold out for a while longer. Thanks a lot :beer:

03atc

Established Member
v8shme8 said:
You can always use a 94 axle and get slicks with 3/4" less backspace, or you can give me (Zach) a call 352 871 0745.
I'll probably be calling you soon, I'm wanting to trade pretty bad

Users who are viewing this thread