WTT 2001 lightning for 96 Mystic

Dusten

Established Member
I am putting out a feeler for a trade for my 2001 Ford Lightning.
Im looking for a 96 mystic. Preferably something with a t56 swap done, as I want nothing to do with the T45.
Mods beyond that are just icing on the cake. I am not looking for a straight trade, unless the mods are comparable, or the mileage is very low. I passed on a 16,000 mile t56 car about a year ago, and still kick myself for doing so.
I am deployed, but due home in less than 2 months, so that gives me time to look and try and work out details.

In the build thread there is a stack of mods not installed. Those are not included in the trade, unless some arrangement is made.

About the truck.
The truck has 116,000 on the body, 3000 on the engine, 9000 on the transmission/converter and 13000 on the rear end rebuild. I have put about 11,000 miles on the truck since I bought it and only 3000 in the last two years.
Basic mods on the truck are
Built motor, Trick Flow heads, comp cams, 2.3 KB
DMP built transmission, circle D stall, Detroit tru track out back
Hotchkis TVS, long bars, and custom driveshaft, panhard bar
Cervinis’s hood, 99 wheels, NT555’s up front and NT05R’s on the rear.

As you’ll see in the build thread, I have no times with the current setup. I put it on the dyno with the magnum powers @ only 12psi and it made 470rwhp, and trapped 115 on a shitty amazon tune. Its since been tuned by JJ @ WMS and is currently tuned very safe. 11.5 AFR and only 11* timing as I was still working on WOT tuning when I deployed. My buddy recently borrowed it and put about 1 truck length on a pullied terminator from a dig, just to give you an example of its current power level. It is only making 15psi as it stands and with a 10lb lower and some more timing should make 550-575on pump gas all day long. I live in seattle where it rains a lot, so I have no desire to make that kind of power on the street. The truck is daily driver reliable, and as it stands needs nothing.

The build thread listed below will detail all the mods and the progress the truck has made since I bought it 3 years ago.
I have more photos of the build and the truck, but this is the basics of it.

I have about 25k into the truck in modifications, not including any labor, but I am a realist and know that the truck is worth nowhere near that.
I had an offer recently of 16,000 as it sits and am considering taking that when I get home.

Here is the Build thread
2001 Ford Lightning

Here are just a few current pictures. The build thread has more pictures than most people want to see.

1iqC868.jpg

1011566_10153100175510165_439457462_n.jpg

944556_10151529674261479_1392865686_n.jpg

feel free to email me with any questions

abelld at ddg86.navy.mil

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
thanks greg. I doubt it'll happen, i'm to picky.
I should have just bought alex's car last year and been done with it!

Dusten

Established Member
Guess I could re-state that, t56 or tko swapped car.
Basically not an auto and not that god awful t45

Dusten

Established Member
Also, in my youtube are some idle clips, some wot runs and a trip to the track with the eaton on the built motor.

Slo_GTS

Established Member
I have a mystic with a t56 but I'm not selling it anymore even tho o am looking for a lightning but good luck

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why dont you just make a trade and swap a t-56 in?

Dusten

Established Member
Because I am A) tired of working on my shit for a while and B) not really interested in the hassle of finding a trans and doing the swap.

I've had this lightning for 3 years and have barely driven it because I am constantly doing something to it. I just kind of want something to enjoy.

The lightning has been super reliable, but I can't leave it alone. When I've owned mustangs in the past I rarely mod them. I have a 94 cobra in my garage that has exhaust, and drop springs, thats it. And I have literally zero desire to do anything with it.

Users who are viewing this thread