WWII Spitfires found in Burma

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is quite a story. Sure would have been a bummer if after all these years, all that money and all his time, if he wouldn't have been able to move them out of Burma. I know the government won't be making any claim on the aircraft, but I wonder what they mean by "he would be entitled to a share in them". Who else would get a share since this is his project and his find. :??:

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Hopefully they come out of the ground in better shape than the Tulsa time capsule car.

I was there for the opening of that Belvedere and it was bad. It wasn't beyond repair, but it would have taken quite deep pockets to restore. Hopefully the aluminium has held up in the Spits.

only a gt

Established Member
Great find. I love the Spitfire, I've been fascinated with it since I was a little kid. They are an incredible piece of history for sure.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Yes, good find. Another article suggests they are Griffon-powered MK XIV's....many still in their shipping crates with parts coated in sealant. 60+ years is along time though. Hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised. Love Spits, Mossie's and FW-190's. Beautiful warbirds.

As an aside...if you are looking for some good amateur warbird photography...give this site a browser. My Rezound is filled with shots from this site.

Military Aviation Photography • FighterControl • Military Aviation Forum

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was there for the opening of that Belvedere and it was bad. It wasn't beyond repair, but it would have taken quite deep pockets to restore. Hopefully the aluminium has held up in the Spits.

I well remember that one. I still feel bad for the guy who won the car in the raffle contest.

Siege

Established Member

I well remember that one. I still feel bad for the guy who won the car in the raffle contest.
[threadhijack]

The company contracted to remove the rust seems to have a reasonable job at least making her appearance better.

Miss-Belvedere-Two-Year-Result.jpg

[/threadhijack]

Users who are viewing this thread