www.AmericanRacingHeaders.com Cobra (Results/TECH support) thread...............

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Really? You have to replace the steering shaft when you install the 1 7/8 headers?

when i ordered they said it would be fine. really, it was SUPER close but contact is contact.

either way i'm not bothered by it as the MM solid steering shaft was well worth it!!!

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
:rockon: excellent. Thanks for the heads up on that. You saved me some trouble.

welcome! as several people will attest to, it's totally worth it!!!

someone else pointed me in the right direction, i'm just paying it forward.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
i had to call to get mine. actually didn't mind, they were great to deal with and even shipped them out a bit early!!!

I checked them out on lethal, saw the ones I want on there so my question is since the mid pipe is 3 inch as well, does the outlet bolt up to a 2.5 in catback? I have a 3 inch bassani catback but it has 2.5 inch collectors on the inlet side then goes to 3 inch almost immediately.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
I checked them out on lethal, saw the ones I want on there so my question is since the mid pipe is 3 inch as well, does the outlet bolt up to a 2.5 in catback? I have a 3 inch bassani catback but it has 2.5 inch collectors on the inlet side then goes to 3 inch almost immediately.

the set i have bolts to my 2 1/2" Borla cat back.

... i would guess they're all the same :shrug:

186F7FFE-D200-40BE-BC75-AF1CCA9108B9-9396-0000040A5E97F286_zpsb365be83.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
anyone running the ARH with a scatter shield and does it clear?

If/when I ever to have to yank the motor I'll consider switching... grinding the hell out of the scatter shield to clear the Kooks sucked but the steering shaft is an issue and so is the starter clearance.

SteveDoten@ARH

Established Member
I know not sure why they did that. I spoke with nick yesterday the owner and he said the 1 7/8 are the way to go if you want to make or have big power with room to grow.
That is our "go to" header for the majority of builds, we like to spend some time with each owner and optimize the system.

Really? You have to replace the steering shaft when you install the 1 7/8 headers?
This isn't standard practice on the Terminator's, were the motor mounts/trans mounts changed by chance? Please call me on this.

Got mine through lethal, not stepped, true 1-7/8.
Judging by lethals site, I don't think ARH sells the 1-7/8 stepped for our cars.
Supercharger = no need for steps

just looked on arh website and I did not see a 1 7/8's headers with 3 in collector..... am I blind? I dont want 1 3/4 into 1 7/8 with 3 inch collector, I want 1 7/8's all way into 3 inch collector. thanks.
I've gotta look at the site and verify

We build both Xpipes that neck down to work with the 2.5" catback or 3" for an actual 3" catback

the set i have bolts to my 2 1/2" Borla cat back.

... i would guess they're all the same :shrug:
They are not all the same, most of the Xpipe's ship out with the 2.5" 'neckdown' to make with an oem catback.

GUYS, PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL, I'm trying to get onto this forum more often, but sometimes the phones don't stop ringing at the shop.

[email protected]

........or PM me a cell, I can call/text if you have a quick question

We just finished an "in house" 2013 GT500 ARH install today, this car sounds the part. (got a small vid as owner was driving away that I need to upload soon)

Thanks for the questions/pics/videos

Steve

stangfreak

Established Member
steve, the pics are not from my car with the headers hitting the steering shaft. That was armedsuspects car. maybe he will chime in.

But I did hear some of the 03 04 cobra guys that the 1 7/8 long tubes DID hit the steering shafts. Nothing was touched as far as motor mounts and so on

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
steve, the pics are not from my car with the headers hitting the steering shaft. That was armedsuspects car. maybe he will chime in.

But I did hear some of the 03 04 cobra guys that the 1 7/8 long tubes DID hit the steering shafts. Nothing was touched as far as motor mounts and so on

yeah, that was mine. front end of the car is straight (no crash), stock K member and stock motor mounts.

i'm glad it hit though... got me to order the MM steering shaft, total WIN!!!

i wouldn't trade these headers for anything, contact or not.

stangfreak

Established Member
yeah, that was mine. front end of the car is straight (no crash), stock K member and stock motor mounts.

i'm glad it hit though... got me to order the MM steering shaft, total WIN!!!

i wouldn't trade these headers for anything, contact or not.

The steering shaft is a plus so. I see nothing wrong with changing something like that. I can't wait to get my 1 7/8 installed. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread