X or H pipe?

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Guys, I'm looking into getting some long tubes. My current set up is:
whipple 2.3L with all supporting mods.
with Bassani catted x pipe & Bassani cat backs.
What do you all suggest, keep the (x) pipe or go with a (H) pipe.
I'm over 600 rwhp...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Its really a sound preference; but with your current catback...keep the X.

H will make a little more TQ down low; the X will make a little more HP up high. It really boils down to sound preference in the end; but again...I'd keep the X in your situation.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
An X-pipe will always outflow an H-pipe. Just keep that in mind. If you race at all you will probably want the X-pipe. My car is always driven on the street but once it's past about 4K RPM, the factory H feels very restrictive. I'm sure the new Bassani X w/cats will smooth out it's ability to exhale in those very sweet upper RPM ranges...;-)

moonltgold

I got both. I took a Magnaflow X, cut two round 2" diameter holes into it in front of the cats and welded an H into it. It sits right under the transmission. You lose no low end torque, get no rasp, and the sound is deeper than the usual X pipe (maybe sounds more like a ProChamber), but still screams on the top end. I wrapped the H section in header wrap to keep the heat off the tranny because it generates a lot of heat being that close to the engine. Clearance is also good, same as tailpipe with the cats still being the lowest part.

Users who are viewing this thread