X pipe install problems

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I know this is in the wrong section but I never get a quick response when I post in the exhaust section.

OK, here goes. I Tried to install a BBK catless X pipe from a 04 GT that my buddy had sitting in his garage. I told him let my put it on the car and see how it sound. What better way to try before you buy. I know BBK isnt the best for these cars buy the price was great.:rockon:

The problem is the threaded holes for the 4 o2 sensors are not in the same location as the stock H pipe. None of them would reach. I pulled the plastic pieces from the rear 2 that hold them in place off of the bracket so now they reach. The front right was tight as hell but I barely got it to reach. The front left is 2 inches to short. It looks like it has another plastic piece holding it in place but I dont want to pull it off and have to much slack and it rubs on something hot. It is a very tight fit and I doubt I would be able to zip tie it away from anything hot once the X pipe is installed. Any input on what everyone else has done or if you didnt have a problem. Let me know. Thanks guys.

:beer:

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
04 cobra (not sure about gt) has relocated rear 02 sensors that require the use of extenders when after market mid pipe is used

hotcobra03

Established Member
o2

my set up is different but had same problem...i ended up using bosch o2 with longer harness... i still had to pull harness on the clamp on top of trans to make up half inch..after it was pluged in it didnt pull on harness..i tryed extension harness(home made)and eliminator on rears first had o2 codes ...when i changed to longer o2 all codes went away for good

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
probably easier to take the pipe off, take it to a hole in the wall exhaust shop, have two bungs welded on that are way closer and have the old ones closed up.

i barely got mine to reach on my 03 Cobra, on my 02 GT i had some slack. Guessing ford's length tolerance in the harness is pretty large......

Users who are viewing this thread