X-Pipe no tune yet?

PhantomX

Established Member
Picked up my x-pipe today (off road) and was wondering if I leave my stock Air box alone can I still drive with the x on it? Or will it just wreak havoc on the stock tune? Or just throw a check engine light and get all pissy with me lol.

Anyone done that? I don't plan on driving it much like that just while I wait for Shaun at AED to create my tune.

scott_0

Established Member
you will get a CEL at some point for sure, it wont effect how the car runs at all however, but you will need a tune to turn of the COTS, which is a safety measure for the converters so they dont over heat, the ecm dumps fuel to save the cats, you obviously wont need that now

PhantomX

Established Member
Thanks that helps I don't imagine running it without a tune more than once or twice just didn't know if it was safe. I'm installing the exhaust this weekend and won't be able to get a tune till Monday.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Space the 02 sensors with spark plug anti-fouler, two on each side.

PhantomX

Established Member
Installed the Lethal X tonight, should have a tune tomorrow afternoon. Drove around tonight and finally the CEL did come on as expected but the car absolutely runs like a raped ape and of course with a tune will be even better. Watched my AFR using the meter built into the car and so far look pretty damn good. Gas mileage also ok (good measure of if it's dumping fuel or running lean) both indicators look good. Gonna run the car to work tomorrow and by tomorrow night should have the JLT and Tune installed. Still running the stock air box so I think that helps.

So far so good you can run it that way though of course I wouldn't do for very long. Thanks for the help and info.

Oh I'm getting a tune from AED. Shaun seems pretty on point and wouldn't even send me a tune without data logging the car, that says a lot. Most send you a tune and say good luck so I'm feeling pretty good. Seen some vids too of some AED tuned car's running right with cars with other tunes and more mods so that makes me feel good.

Thoughts on AED anyone? Was gonna go Livernois again but they won't tune on the SCT's anymore because they want you to buy there damn custom box which locks you into there tunes only. Don't trust Bama heard to many bad things on here (may have changed but hey perception is everything), Lund cars just don't seem to make the power, again could be my perception. I thought about VMP because I know Justin and he's close but waiting 2 weeks for a tune file is just stupid.

scott_0

Established Member
^^Shaun is very good!!! youll be happy, just do a quick search and youll see how pleased people are

Users who are viewing this thread