X-pipe question

j card

Established Member
For those of you that did the cat-back first, then added a catted X-pipe later, did it make it louder? How much?

I have the Borla Stinger cat back and I like it, but I don't want it any louder than it already is. I was hoping an X in there might even smooth it out a little. Anybody done this?

TIA,

John

stang99

I just put mods back on my car. With the stock h-pipe and my Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back the car was notable quieter than when I added the Magnaflow catted x-pipe back into the system. And, I don't know whether it is because my tune was for the setup with the x-pipe, but the car picked up a lot after I reinstalled the x-pipe over the stock h-pipe. More noise and more power.
BTW: I like the way it sounds with the x-pipe better than the way it sounded with the stock h-pipe, but, my neighbors think that my car is loud.

SC457A

Established Member
added the bass x with cats after a few months with stock h pipe.. added a little noise.. not much, the pitch change of the motor i think made up for added noise...

im happy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Adding the X-pipe will definitely make it a bit louder. You might get a bit more drone, depending on which catback you have. Also, the sound is going to change a bit. Some like the sound from the stock H-pipe better than aftermarket X-pipes. I'm running a Steeda (Borla) exhaust with Magnaflow catted X-pipe. I would still like to hear the same setup with the stock H-pipe but if I don't I am content with what I have. Can't complain about the power increase, either.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread