x pipe questions

sinnedam

Established Member
Ok, so i have had 2 other stangs with O/R Xpipes on them, and i recently got one installed on my mach 1 which other than flowmasters is bone stock. The problem is it doesnt sound right to me. Its very very raspy. I know X pipes are raspy normally, but this is way much more than either of the other 2 cars ive had one on. I've had it back to the shop, but the guy swears there are no leaks anywhere. Any suggestions, because as it sounds right now, im thinking about going back to the stock mid-pipe.

Thanks

EVO-lution

Established Member
yea the 4v's with an O/R X are very raspy. and flows give off a raspy tone too when reved up. just part of owning a 4v :). get a set of MAC's and weld them in place.

what kind of X pipe is it? is it a true x pipe or like a BBK?

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I have a bassani catted x and litterally just swapped the straight pipes in for fun. And because I had a small leak on a cat. Anyways, it definately is raspy compaired to what I was used to. But I'd definately say it's louder than a 2v. I'm pleased I can just swap them out when I like :)

I have the Borla Stinger catback as well and irs'd. Sweetness

sinnedam

Established Member
yeah this is the first 4v..so maybe its just a characteristic of them. Would it help if i changed mufflers? Would the macs make a difference or is there something else preferred?

Thanks guys.

sinnedam

Established Member
yea the 4v's with an O/R X are very raspy. and flows give off a raspy tone too when reved up. just part of owning a 4v :). get a set of MAC's and weld them in place.

what kind of X pipe is it? is it a true x pipe or like a BBK?

and yes its a BBK sorry.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Well ofcourse im gonna tell you to buy Borla! Id like to try MAC sometime as well. And a 3in set up would be fun for kicks

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
i had slp/slp pure sex!

i also had bassani and bassani! Sounded great but not as loud as the slp setup

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
The flowmasters are part of your problem. :rolling:

Magnaflow catback, MAC midpipe. I used to have the Bassani X / Stingers combo like Blurr, but I needed a change.

99BlownVert

Established Member
yea my off road x pipe is the same way on my mach 1. It sounds like its leaking on deceleration. I am thinking of going to an h pipe but not sure..

cobra916

Established Member
i have a x pipe and slp power flows...i hate the sound.. our cars need a h pipe..simple as that.. x pipe are just too raspy for my taste

EVO-lution

Established Member
i got an O/R x and straight pipes. it's a cop magnet...trust me. you don't want to run that set up too long. and it's REDICULOUSLY loud. the compliments and looks you get are great though :thumbsup:

I would run an H pipe if you don't want the raspiness. MAC, stingers sound great on an O/R H

Users who are viewing this thread