X2 ball joints vs bump steer kits?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my 03 Mach is lowered on Steeda springs, the effect on the tie rod ends is pretty obvious. The car is due for an alignment anyway so thought maybe I'd finally address this. I have a Steeda K member, stock steering rack, stock A-arms.

Anyone familiar with the pros and cons of each?

If the bump steer kit is better MM or Steeda? I see MM has 2 different styles - bolt vs tapered - but haven't looked into the pros/cons of each just yet.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How does it drive?

I don't know how much the steeda k throws stuff out of alignment, but my SN on lowering springs with 5.X degrees of caster, -3.5 degrees of camber and 0 toe didn't have any noticeable bumpsteer issues.

I did put the MM kit (bolt) on my car after swapping the control arm bushings to push caster to the 7 or so range, I went with the "recommended" starting point from MM, zero'd the toe and ran it for a weekend. It doesn't have any bumpsteer and that track probably would have induced a good amount of it. The front end is pretty good on this car now.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've never had a noticable issue with bump steer. My 01 Cobra was lowered close to 2" and I don't remember it having issues. I currently have the MM through bolt kit on my car because their instructions say it's needed. It's ballparked off the car I took everything off and seems to be working well. I haven't done the full check though. Maybe if I tracked it I would be more serious about it.

Personally I think it's only really needed for cars that are hitting the track seriously. The rest of us won't notice it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Typically on the street around town, it's fine. it's been a long time since I've had it up in NC but on the backroads near our place up there the small, two lane roads have seen their fare share of tractor trailers going to/from chicken farms, corn fields etc... Running 50-60 through there it was noticeable.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have my baer bumpsteer kit with a full bolts (drill out the spindles).. You can have them if you want.. Just pay for shipping. lol

Users who are viewing this thread