XMP Warning

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Read replies to thread below

http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=30791

QUOTE:

Here is the condensed story- and a warning about anyone thinking about bringing their car to XMP-

I made an appointment in Jan to bring my car into XMP in Aliso Viejo
www.x-m-p.com
for a fuel and ignition system
street tune- custom chip

Brought my car in- also decided to have gears installed-

estimate- $2900.00

A little pricey but I had heard they do good work-

Well 7 months later and my car is still not finished-

They are demanding full payment even though the car is not finished-

Not to mention I go to pay the bill and now all of a sudden the bill is $4300-

Now the worse part-

when I go down there- my car is not even there!!!

I am told the owner has it !!! that he took it home!!!!

The next time I see my car there is a scratch in the 1/4 panel and a door ding in my paint job that is less then a year old-

They are demanding payment- wont show me the final bill- and my car isnt even finished!!

and now I just got a phone call telling me that I better take a good last look at my car because they are putting a lien on it and they will take it from under me-

I have contacted the BAR and an attorney-

but wanted to share my story to stop anyone else from making the same mistake-
Thanks for listening to my rant......

optx002

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I had my subframes installed from them about a month ago, and they seemed to do it pretty well. Granted subframes and what was done to your car are very different.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
OCSnk said:
Now the worse part-

when I go down there- my car is not even there!!!

I am told the owner has it !!! that he took it home!!!!

If this ever happens to me, I'd call the police immediately and report it stolen. I'd advise them who had it, and that his address can be obtained from his employees at his shop.

Screw that mess. A test drive is one thing, but taking it home as your own? Not my ride. No way. No how. I'd have that son of a gun arrested. Period.

Stewart

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
If this ever happens to me, I'd call the police immediately and report it stolen. I'd advise them who had it, and that his address can be obtained from his employees at his shop.

Screw that mess. A test drive is one thing, but taking it home as your own? Not my ride. No way. No how. I'd have that son of a gun arrested. Period.

Stewart
+1 :mj:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Just Posted this here for everyone to check out!!

This is not my story, just passing it on!!

500hp03Cobra

Established Member
i just had about 15000 worth of work done to my car... they do awesome work but they had the car for like 6 months... i wont be shoppign with them again.... and youd think id be loyal as ive spent 60000 with them on my cobra... the car is fast as hell... 750 hp give or take a few but they are not up to par with their customer satisfaction. the owner, eric cheney, is too busy doing something to boost his reputation all the time with ford to please his customers.

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
XMP blew up my 99 Cobra. While doing a chip/tune (estimated 450---actual cost 750) they decided to change the spark plugs, AND DROPPED A PIECE OF WIRE LOOM INTO THE NUMBER 8 COMBUSTION CHAMBER. The motor went that day and they would take no responsibility for their actions.

lelady

Lurks-a-lot
Established Member
Between this and what I've recently seen posted about X2C I'm absolutely mindblown!

My husband and I have been working so hard to get our shop up and running, and then I hear about these places being so STUPID once they've established themselves in their communities and with their customers. Poor form, poor business - extremely saddening.

There just aren't words to express what I'm feeling right now....

Good luck to those with issues with XMP or X2C.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
lelady said:
Between this and what I've recently seen posted about X2C I'm absolutely mindblown!

My husband and I have been working so hard to get our shop up and running, and then I hear about these places being so STUPID once they've established themselves in their communities and with their customers. Poor form, poor business - extremely saddening.

this is why I do all of my own work. I don't trust anybody.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Dgussin said:
this is why I do all of my own work. I don't trust anybody.

+.5

MMR is the ONLY place that touches my car, but I like to do what I can on my own. Sometimes I just don't have the time, however :nonono:

DJ HEARTLESS

THE OFFICIAL
Established Member
lelady said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO X2C :shrug:

00saleen136

Xmp - Eric Cheney Is A Rip Off

I think I have one of the best stories. I took my motor to XMP - Eric Cheney in November 2004, for complete custom build - $25000 worth of work. Communication was NONE! He does not answer is phone and he hides from everyone. He said it would take 4 months to get the car completely finished. So finially in August 2005 he said to bring the actual car up so we did, then he requested more money - STUPID me I paid. So to date I have given him $17,000 for him to SCREW me. Finally after weeks of calling trying to find out what was going on I just went up to his shop in October 2006 - Guess What??? He was evicted! My car happened to be outside of his shop so I had it towed out of there. So we are thinking ok, we got the car back what ever the engine is in it we just have to finish up the build, NOPE...We took the car to JBA Racing in San Diego and they wanted to pull the front cover off of the motor just to check the timing chain before they put everything back together - well, the timing chain was put on wrong there were used parts used and things were on backwards!!! So now JBA has had to pull the motor and pull it apart and he has put in mostly used stuff that is not nearly what I had paid for. So basically I paid Eric $17,000 for him to SCREW me. Off course, he has had his business number changed to new one but does not answer it, the attorney for the landlord gave me his cell phone number and he does not answer it and appartley he and his wife are divored and he no longer lives in the condo he just bought in Feb 2006. Get this, on his message for his new XMP number says they will be at the SEMA show in November. So is he still doing stuff??? Somewhere he is. I know there are many people he screwed and now he is hiding out instead of facing up to what he did. So far my cost for getting the car running again I am at $15,000 and counting...If he starts to do business again, I would be very very careful.

smrtasp

Established Member
That’s a bummer. I had some work done there last summer and there were no issues but it did seem like he had an awful lot of cars just sitting around. Eric told me a few of his people had quit and there were only 2 left that were working for him. I remember there was a black 03 vert that he was installing a Paxton kit on that was apparently taking up all his time. He told me the guy had been a bunch of times before for other work. Sounds like it was 500HP03Snake's car. Needless to say I won’t be going back there now.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Shops... :nono: that's why I ALWAYS bring a paper listing:

All work I am hiring the shop to do (We review the job together)
All parts I am supplying (I go through all parts with the shop so they can sign off on this)
All parts removed must be saved and returned to me
Car will not be driven unless I am present or I give written approval.
Cost I am given (so NOTHING changes)
All work is warrantied (discussed with shop)
My contact info (if they need to contact me for any reason)

We date/sign 2 copies one for the shop and one for me. I do this all the time now for legal reasons. My current shop for installs is Muscle Motors and Jack (owner) is fine with this as it minimizes his risks and mine and allows us to be on the same page. Any shop that won' sign off on this paper doesn't get the job. Muscle Motors has thus far had no problem signing off on the paper which makes me feel good about their character, their confidence in their work etc...

Sorry for this that's bs. I'll never give them a bit of business.

Last edited:

UCBeau

00saleen136 said:
I think I have one of the best stories. I took my motor to XMP - Eric Cheney in November 2004, for complete custom build - $25000 worth of work. Communication was NONE! He does not answer is phone and he hides from everyone. He said it would take 4 months to get the car completely finished. So finially in August 2005 he said to bring the actual car up so we did, then he requested more money - STUPID me I paid. So to date I have given him $17,000 for him to SCREW me. Finally after weeks of calling trying to find out what was going on I just went up to his shop in October 2006 - Guess What??? He was evicted! My car happened to be outside of his shop so I had it towed out of there. So we are thinking ok, we got the car back what ever the engine is in it we just have to finish up the build, NOPE...We took the car to JBA Racing in San Diego and they wanted to pull the front cover off of the motor just to check the timing chain before they put everything back together - well, the timing chain was put on wrong there were used parts used and things were on backwards!!! So now JBA has had to pull the motor and pull it apart and he has put in mostly used stuff that is not nearly what I had paid for. So basically I paid Eric $17,000 for him to SCREW me. Off course, he has had his business number changed to new one but does not answer it, the attorney for the landlord gave me his cell phone number and he does not answer it and appartley he and his wife are divored and he no longer lives in the condo he just bought in Feb 2006. Get this, on his message for his new XMP number says they will be at the SEMA show in November. So is he still doing stuff??? Somewhere he is. I know there are many people he screwed and now he is hiding out instead of facing up to what he did. So far my cost for getting the car running again I am at $15,000 and counting...If he starts to do business again, I would be very very careful.
take your car to DPR for anything you need done in San Diego

www.dprsocal.com

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Does everyone realize that this is an old post??

Was started on 8/6/2005
Ended on 9/12/2005

….and resurrected TODAY????:cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread