XXR 531 18x9.5 and 18x11 on 03 Cobra

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I searched around to see if I could find more pics of these wheels before I bought them but aside from the one vert on here there isn't a whole lot to choose from.

Heres what I got

XXR Platinum Finish 18x9.5 +20mm offset and 18x11 +20mm offset
Front tires are NT555 275/35/18
Rear Tires are BFG Drag Radials 295/35/18

I was concerned that the 295 wasn't going to fill the 11" wheel up but I think it looks pretty good to me. When I first opened the box I didn't know if I was going to like them but now that they are on the car I think they look pretty good. I do think the fronts stick out a little more than I wanted but for the money I definitely couldn't get much better. Don't mind the tires and the car being dirty, I haven't been home much in the past 7 weeks to wash it.

Here are the pics:

y6oh.jpg

gbg1.jpg

f55d.jpg

tw0e.jpg

jrbr.jpg

oc2y.jpg

Brandon

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
not a fan of the CCW classics style wheel but that looks good and im sure you saved some coin over those ccw things..so nice looking car!

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Moar pics!!!!

btw, did you use hubcentric rings? the centerbore on those XXR's are too large for our cars from what I seen on the websites.

Last edited:

01BLOWN2V

Comp O
Established Member
Those look good. Definently in for more pictures because I'm debating on pulling the trigger on these wheels in flat black. I think the chrome Cobra lettering for the bumper would really bring out the car to with the wheels. But that's just me. I also want to know about the hub centric rings on what size you went with.

1sickcobra

Banned
Moar pics!!!!

btw, did you use hubcentric rings? the centerbore on those XXR's are too large for our cars from what I seen on the websites.

I dint have to modify my center hub at all they fit just perfect, i just ad to get thinner lug nuts..Op i love the new look these xxr are deff a good set of rims for the price, congrats

gabe1530

Banned
Thats not bad. My old bbs rk and toyo r888s weighed 50lbs rear and 48 front.
They look good but I think the assembly bolts really make them look good.

matt87

Established Member
looks killer! how much were the wheels if you dont mind me asking. i'm a poor guy and cant afford to spend 3k on wheels.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Those look really good. Only thing I don't like is the extra holes but that's a small complaint.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Damn they look great, I want to swap my 521's out for these but with the SRA they would sit out another 3/8" than what yours do. IMO a little too much.

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
A 295 tire on an 11 inch wheel is beyond me..... But doesn't look bad.

I thought the same thing. I will definitely go with a 315 or bigger on the next set but these BFGs actually fit well.

I dint have to modify my center hub at all they fit just perfect, i just ad to get thinner lug nuts..Op i love the new look these xxr are deff a good set of rims for the price, congrats

They seemed to bolt up fine to me and I got a set of those tuner lugs cause the lug holes are too small. I also ordered some ARP studs for the rear that I might get on next week.

Thanks for all the replies, I think this is a good set of wheels for people who would like a different look from the standard replicas without breaking the bank.

snkepit

Established Member
Not a fan of CCW's but those wheels look good on your car. Most CCW I see sit out a little in the rear.

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
Ofcourse they fit, the XXR centerbore is 73.1 according to nlmotoring, mustang centerbore is 70.something (I read conflicting reports) so they fit. But theyll also be riding on the studs instead of on the hubcenter edge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's just one thing I found when researching these wheels and I would hate to see something crash from breaking his wheelstuds of having balancing issues.

Why you should use the Hub Centric Rings? - HubCentric-Rings.com

In a perfect world you'd need these 73.1 -> 70.3 rings.

05 Mustang

Established Member
Those look good. Definently in for more pictures because I'm debating on pulling the trigger on these wheels in flat black. I think the chrome Cobra lettering for the bumper would really bring out the car to with the wheels. But that's just me. I also want to know about the hub centric rings on what size you went with.

I couldn't agree more! :beer:

Cobra-Rear.jpg

04svtterm

Established Member
car looks great. I know varstoen made some CCW knock offs. From what i understand they are a better quality wheel. ever look those up?

Users who are viewing this thread