Yeah buddy! Went to MIR today and Lou's time is well within reach.

Almo

Established Member
Chris, the owner of Excessive was nice enough to pull my car to MIR today. I was so excited.

First pass out, forgot to yank the light and chose not to power shift 3rd making sure to hit it and I cut a 1.67 60' and ran a 11.32 @ 122.38.

Second pass, ended up having a clutch problem and missed 4th.

Third pass, bogged hard and ended up cutting a 1.97 60' but rolled through the gears and ran a 11.55 @ 123.XX... (I'm pretty sure it was 123 trap speed, it was for sure a 11.55, time slips are in Chris's truck and I also have vids)... and to think if I would have cut another 1.67 on this pass, I would have been right on Lou's 11.16.

Fourth pass, had some more clutch issues and it was bad this time. :D

All said and done... let the fine tuning on the rear suspension begin and I'm going to be knocking on Lou's door very soon. :thumbsup:

By the way, I ended up weighing my car today at MIR and with helmet and me inside... 3235lbs. and of course with my happy butt not in the car, that puts it right at 3070lbs.

Lastly, I had a blast today... some of you know the guys that went with me today and they rock, helped out so much and wanted to pass a thanks to them. Matter of fact, one of them finally got his 10 second pass. Rock on Dave!

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Right on Allen! Sound as if you have some learning to do, (not that I am any good), but with the weight you are in the sights!

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Good Lord!! 3,235lbs..:bowdown: Way to go one the weight reduction and keeping the car looking sharp!

Congrats on an 11.32 for your first time out with the new setup....:rockon: A little more seat time and adjustments you might surprise yourself where you end up....:rolling:

Almo

Established Member
Bullitt springs to boot, and more time to work with tire pressure in my car and I think I will be right on Lou's number.

Oh by the way, I drove my car home from the track today and listened to the radio the whole way. :banana:

Almo

Established Member
Antex said:
Good Lord!! 3,235lbs..:bowdown: Way to go one the weight reduction and keeping the car looking sharp!

Congrats on an 11.32 for your first time out with the new setup....:rockon: A little more seat time and adjustments you might surprise yourself where you end up....:rolling:

Matt, I'm not going to get too excited just yet but I agree with you, I have a few more things I can do to get the car to run quicker, this and some seat time and I have a feeling this car has 10s in it. Even if it is just a 10.99. :D

Kevin, thanks man!

Almo

Established Member
Thank you! It was great meeting you Cory... sorry we didn't have more time to speak. Hopefully next time I will not be as tied up with the car and I can take some time out to speak to ya.

Again, great meeting you.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Almo said:
Oh by the way, I drove my car home from the track today and listened to the radio the whole way. :banana:
Listened to the radio!? What kind of weight savings is that! Next you'll tell me it has AC and a heater. :nonono:

Just kidding, Allen. Great speeds. I'd like to get mine that light someday. You'd thing with an aluminum block and no S/C, I'd have a head start. :poke:

Almo

Established Member
SPRAYED DAILY said:
1st of all congrats Allen, but 3070... WTF, I'm gealous.

Do you have a cage installed yet?

No cage yet... I also had my passenger side seat out for todays run... and of course I took the delete kit out too.

Having added everything I have done to the car comes out to around 570 or so... of course putting back in around 50 to 70 for subframes and some welds, also welds in the back from the live axle and such.

I got sneaky sneaky taking out a few things that are already out of view anyways. :-D One can get extremely sneaky if you take the time to drill out some of the bolts throughout the car. :lol1:

:beer:

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
gcassidy said:
Listened to the radio!? What kind of weight savings is that! Next you'll tell me it has AC and a heater. :nonono:

Just kidding, Allen. Great speeds. I'd like to get mine that light someday. You'd thing with an aluminum block and no S/C, I'd have a head start. :poke:

LOL... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread