Year Model Help>>>

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
What year did the Lightning receive turn signal's on the outside mirrors? Saw a white light today, but he already had his winter wheels on so I couldn't tell what year it was. However he did have turn signals on the mirrors like my 03 does. Just curious. BTW, if that was a L clone, he did one hell of a job! Besides the wheels you would never know it wasn't a true L. Thanks.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
It was the 02 model. I know cause I've owned both. Plus I believe you get the storage pocket under the guages. Which I yet to use.

CrashTestJimbo

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
My 01 doesn't have them in the mirrors. They are on the end of the mirror housings.
It's times like now I wish this board had the "I'm with stupid" smiley...

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Originally posted by DesertLightning
Winter wheels? I don't get it.
Nobody makes snow tires in the stock 18" size we need for the L's, and not all of us have enough spare change to buy another vehicle just to drive during the winter snow we get up here every year on the great lakes. An inexpensive alternative is to buy a spare set of stock f-150 wheels from the junk yard, then mount snow tires on them for use during the winter. The L wheels go back on in the spring when the snow melts.

Wehnes

Established Member
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
My 2001 had them on the outside of the mirrors

Your right, mine does too. I was thinking he was talking about the LED's in the mirror like on the F-150s.

Users who are viewing this thread