Yellow 2005 GTO goes down...

RealQuick

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
Which is exactly why I said I'm not the best driver in the world. I also failed to mention it was the middle of July, the temp was over 85 and the humidity was high. But the car was new and I wanted to see what she could do.

That was when my car was BONE stock. I don't have a dyno when I did that run, but I do know following me adding Steeda CAI and Borla Stingers I was just shy of 422 RWHP 430 TQ.

Since then I've gone with all the other mods listed...
Now I'm around 470 RWHP 478 TQ give or take some.

I won't be running at Epping any more now that 11.49's require a roll bar and I've grown to like DR's a lot when I can actually borrow my buddies set.

Best driver or not, anyone can get trap speed. Whether I pulled a 2.0 or a 2.4 60' I could still get 114mph. ET varied by .5 second, but mph was always there. For 108mph, based on the whether conditions you mention, I suspect you should have been around 110-111mph (350-360rwhp) on a better day. I doubt your even close to 470rwhp without a pulley. I'd guess 430-435rwhp with the mods you listed in the first post. I'd work on breaking 11.99 before worrying about 11.49 :coolman:

Last edited:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
RealQuick said:
Best driver or not, anyone can get trap speed. Whether I pulled a 2.0 or a 2.4 60' I could still get 114mph. ET varied by .5 second, but mph was always there. For 108mph, based on the whether conditions you mention, I suspect you should have been around 110-111mph (350-360rwhp) on a better day. I doubt your even close to 470rwhp without a pulley. I'd guess 430-435rwhp with the mods you listed in the first post. I'd work on breaking 11.99 before worrying about 11.49 :coolman:

Um, I was at 422 RWHP with just the CAI and cat-back...

Add in the throttle body & plenum, the X-pipe, the Predator (forgot to mention this one) it's rather easy.

Now that I have access to DR's, 11's are well within my reach.

Last edited:

20cobra03

Evil_Merlin said:
Um, I was at 422 RWHP with just the CAI and cat-back...

Add in the throttle body & plenum, the X-pipe, the Predator (forgot to mention this one) it's rather easy.

Now that I have access to DR's, 11's are well within my reach.
470rwhp, with no pulley :lol: :lol: you crack me up

SlowSVT

Established Member
Did you actually think the outcome would have been any diffrent? After all that GTO was "yella" even before it came off the assembly line.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
EatonPSI said:
470rwhp, with no pulley :lol: :lol: you crack me up

I think his numbers are overstated. Put it on a dyno to get the real numbers. I put down 431 hp, 441tq with a 2.8 upper, Predator tune, HAI, and ported throttlebody. Complete stock exhaust. I know I could pick up 30-40 at the wheels, but I like the fact its quiet. :rockon:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
I think his numbers are overstated. Put it on a dyno to get the real numbers. I put down 431 hp, 441tq with a 2.8 upper, Predator tune, HAI, and ported throttlebody. Complete stock exhaust. I know I could pick up 30-40 at the wheels, but I like the fact its quiet. :rockon:

2 more weeks and I will have a nice graph to post.

Well if this rain ever ends that ends.

Users who are viewing this thread