Yellow GT500 Pics

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The vents, if functional look pretty good to me, but the stripes still don't cut it. We need painted on full stripes.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rocknrod said:
Nope.
Doesnt say Shelby.
It's a Mustang Cobra.

Exactly. Except for the fact that Ford named it the Shelby Cobra GT500, it's not a Shelby Cobra. Ask anyone, Hau Thai Tang, Phil Martens, Bill Ford, Carroll Shelby...they all know. Even though they want you to think they think it's a Shelby Cobra GT500, it's really not, and they know it.

It doesn't say Cobra anywhere either btw... So I guess that just makes it a GT500, which it does say. But only if you order the stripes. In which case, if you don't, it becomes a Ford Mobil 1(assuming the oil cap says Mobil 1).

And nothing helps to bolster a company's image more than an eye-catching, high-performance vehicle, according to Jim Hall, vice president of Industry Analysis for Auto Pacific.

"Every Mustang that goes down the road is an advertisement for Ford," he said. "It's hard not to see a new Mustang in traffic. And the Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 is going to be that on steroids."

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
You Optimist You

crispy23c said:
Call me an optimist, but I'm happy these scoops are functional "for the right reasons". :beer:
Stripes I can delete/remove if I don't like 'em...

I totally agree! If they are functional a lot of hot engine air will be able to escape...Again..no fake stuff...just functional is all I want. I too can do without the stripes. :beer:

davefzr

Established Member
I am really not worried about the badging not being present right now because it's an early adoption of the production car. Truly, ask yourselves if there has ever been a car made from 80's on that was named something that didnt have it's name on the car. If they call this car the Shelby GT500, it will say Shelby somewhere....

svtdriven

Established Member
unit213 said:
I'm glad I made the choice to go from my KB Cobra to a TT C5. I love how Ford puts out a great concept car then butchers the (pre) production car.

You are absolutely right about that! I liked the hood on the prototype cobra better. or they could have slapped a cobra sticker on that orange gt race car they have.

2carrollshelby.jpg

Last edited:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
NVWSSV said:
Oops, sorry DBK, my bad, I accidentally quoted you when I meant to quote rocknrod.

So rocknrod, it's not a Shelby? http://www.saac.com/2007_GT500.htm

Nope!
Your being dupped.
Somebody posts a picture of Carrol Shelby standing next to a prototype.
If it doesnt say Shelby on the car, it isnt a Shelby.

So far, what I see from SVT is a Cobra Mustang.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rocknrod said:
Nope!
Your being dupped.
Somebody posts a picture of Carrol Shelby standing next to a prototype.
If it doesnt say Shelby on the car, it isnt a Shelby.

So far, what I see from SVT is a Cobra Mustang.

Sorry, but that's really stupid. If Bill Ford asks you how you like your Shelby Cobra GT500, you're gonna say "I don't know because this ain't one. It's a Cobra Mustang Bill, you're mistaken, and the title and insurance are mistaken."

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rocknrod said:
Someone is stupid. Blindly stupid....... :rollseyes

Yeah, because I call the car what the company calls the car. How dumb. Man, all these media releases from Ford need to stop listening to the employees and start listening to rocknrod about what the car is named.

Notice you have no response but name calling. Probably because there is no logical reasoning that could lead someone to dispute the name given to a car by it's manufacturer... :rolleyes:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
Show me where the yellow car says Shelby on it?
If the actual car comes out with the Shelby name on it, I'll be happy.
If not, why don't you call it what it is ?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rocknrod said:
Show me where the yellow car says Shelby on it?
If the actual car comes out with the Shelby name on it, I'll be happy.
If not, why don't you call it what it is ?

Show me where it says Cobra?
If it has neither, I'll call it what the manufacturer calls it, because that's what it is.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
DBK said:
Show me where it says Cobra?
If it has neither, I'll call it what the manufacturer calls it, because that's what it is.
Nope !
"Mustang Cobra"
Look at the rear gas tank cover (Mustang)
Look at the cobra emblems (Cobra)
Steering wheel (Cobra)
It's a Mustang Cobra model !
Case Closed.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
rocknrod said:
Nope !
"Mustang Cobra"
Look at the rear gas tank cover (Mustang)
Look at the cobra emblems (Cobra)
Steering wheel (Cobra)
It's a Mustang Cobra model !
Case Closed.

So what you're saying is, it doesn't say the word Cobra anywhere on it...I agree.

And you'll call it Cobra because it has snake emblems and you want to, but what Ford calls it is irrelevant?

Not a logic you'll win many battles with. I just find it really, really weird someone would make such an effort to argue that the model name a manufacturer assigns a car is not the actual name. Oh-kee-doh-kee.

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
DBK said:
So what you're saying is, it doesn't say the word Cobra anywhere on it...I agree.

And you'll call it Cobra because it has snake emblems and you want to, but what Ford calls it is irrelevant?

Not a logic you'll win many battles with. I just find it really, really weird someone would make such an effort to argue that the model name a manufacturer assigns a car is not the actual name. Oh-kee-doh-kee.
It's not me you should be upset at.
You should be upset however.

Jpjr

Established Member
jshen said:
I totally agree! If they are functional a lot of hot engine air will be able to escape...Again..no fake stuff...just functional is all I want. I too can do without the stripes. :beer:

.. but can you do without the fake gas cap? :-D

Users who are viewing this thread