Yellow GT500 Pics

crazyhorse06

Established Member
rocknrod said:
Show me where the yellow car says Shelby on it?
If the actual car comes out with the Shelby name on it, I'll be happy.
If not, why don't you call it what it is ?
Not that I want to get in the middle of your argument, but, the yellow car is a test mule. Ford isn't going toput the time and effort into test mules to put all the details on it. In the thread I started about new inside info, Brad stated they were having trouble getting the letters to stick to the vinyl stripes and were thinking about leaving the big SHELBY off the back.

Why don 't you call SVT and ask them what they call it.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
If I were Carroll Shelby, I wouldn't want my name slapped on anything but a final, approved, production model (unless, it's the awesome, original, pie-in-the-sky prototype,that is). If it's a Shelby it's gonna have to say it somewhere....prominently. My guess is Ford's tired of all the speculation and is just showing off these cars without Shelby markings just to get a reaction to styling stuff. Could also be that they're testing options to use on an eventual new SVT Cobra, priced somewhere between the Shelby and GT?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Could also be that they're testing options to use on an eventual new SVT Cobra, priced somewhere between the Shelby and GT?

No. That's both the short and long answer. The GT500 is the successor to the 03/04 Cobra.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
mustang_00 said:
the vents look evo'ish to me.

Well, thank god we're back on the subject of the new Shelby Mustang.
I'm starting to not care so much about the vents, because they serve a function on the car, and an important one. I'm sure the production ones will look more finished/better, as will the stripes. Above anything else, I want this car to function like the bad a** that I was promised. :beer: That is it.

drhyed

Established Member
Well, thank god we're back on the subject of the new Shelby Mustang

you mean the new svt mustang cobra which may or may not have shelbys name on it :D

and do you think its sad that they only contribution he made is a marketing ploy and not performance related?

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Above anything else, I want this car to function like the bad a** that I was promised. That is it

exactly we can change hoods spoilers ect. alot eisier than the drive train suspension

terminator02

Established Member
I have not posted since probably july of 02, when I received my 03 cobra hot off the line. I have been lurking around here reading up on the info for the new Shelby. Right now i have an 03 sonic blue cobra, and 03 350z and a 04 civic for a daily driver for my business. I had to have the 03 cobra. I wasnt even out of college yet..but i had to get it. It blew my mind from a visual and performance standpoint. I almost like the new mustang gt better than the pics I am seeing. Yes Functional is important, but come on guys/gals: the concept was way hotter. I believe there comes a time in the performance wars when the total package comes into play: performance, exclusivity, looks, and handling. Thats why the vette is a classic, the porsche is constantly popular..and dodge viper is slowly dying. I LOVE the viper. I am crossing a used srt or gen2 gts, a vette z06 and this shelby. This shelby has lost its looks. Performance and bang for your buck is there..but the looks are aweful. My friends thought these pictures were "way worse" than the concept pictures i showed them. For 40k I would seriously consider spending an extra 10 and getting a "slower" base c6 with z51. I would have a lighter, better handling, relatively fast car, with better looks, and fit and finish. I think alot of people will think this way if the new shelby retains this appearance and tops the price at 40 large. Forget dealer markups on this becaue they will not sell looking like that..i guarantee it. I am surprised more people on this board are not feeling how I feel. YUCK. I am not trolling as i have posted years ago when I got my 03. I obviously love mustangs/cobras and am just very disappointed by what I see before my eyes. IF this mustang is 40k, i will probably go overboard and grab a used z06 for about 60k. Oh well..i am just so bummed that the concept turned to this crap. I really think my 03 looks a hell of a lot better than the new shelby.

tvguy

terminator02 said:
Oh well..i am just so bummed that the concept turned to this crap. I really think my 03 looks a hell of a lot better than the new shelby.

That yellow car may be the worst looking car I have ever seen. Good engine of course, but damn that is ass ugly.
pacotaco

R1Lello

Established Member
terminator02 said:
I have not posted since probably july of 02, when I received my 03 cobra hot off the line. I have been lurking around here reading up on the info for the new Shelby. Right now i have an 03 sonic blue cobra, and 03 350z and a 04 civic for a daily driver for my business. I had to have the 03 cobra. I wasnt even out of college yet..but i had to get it. It blew my mind from a visual and performance standpoint. I almost like the new mustang gt better than the pics I am seeing. Yes Functional is important, but come on guys/gals: the concept was way hotter. I believe there comes a time in the performance wars when the total package comes into play: performance, exclusivity, looks, and handling. Thats why the vette is a classic, the porsche is constantly popular..and dodge viper is slowly dying. I LOVE the viper. I am crossing a used srt or gen2 gts, a vette z06 and this shelby. This shelby has lost its looks. Performance and bang for your buck is there..but the looks are aweful. My friends thought these pictures were "way worse" than the concept pictures i showed them. For 40k I would seriously consider spending an extra 10 and getting a "slower" base c6 with z51. I would have a lighter, better handling, relatively fast car, with better looks, and fit and finish. I think alot of people will think this way if the new shelby retains this appearance and tops the price at 40 large. Forget dealer markups on this becaue they will not sell looking like that..i guarantee it. I am surprised more people on this board are not feeling how I feel. YUCK. I am not trolling as i have posted years ago when I got my 03. I obviously love mustangs/cobras and am just very disappointed by what I see before my eyes. IF this mustang is 40k, i will probably go overboard and grab a used z06 for about 60k. Oh well..i am just so bummed that the concept turned to this crap. I really think my 03 looks a hell of a lot better than the new shelby.

:dw: Why don't you wait and see, you're assuming that's the final version

jshen

Established Member
I agree with R1Lello, wait and see the final version. I might add I don't like the color scheme of yellow and gray stripes...but I'm taking the wait & see approach.

terminator02

Established Member
I will take the wait and see, and i do appreciate I am making a bunch of assumptions. However, I feel that if the voice of the community is not vocal, then we may get this tamer version. There is very little doubt in my mind that SVT checks these very forums. I just see so many posts about "well, the more i look at it, the more i can see how FUNCTIONAL the new hood is" blah blah blah. I am in no hurry to buy a new car, so I will wait and see.

When the viper coupe debuted at the VOI show last summer, the people were up in arms about the cars appearance. DC changed the stripes to bring them closer together, and lowered the rear glass, and made the ducktail a little more prominent. Though many people still think they did not do enough...at least they tried. I really hope this will be the case, and that what we are seeing is no where near final. I am not flaming anybody's post, nor am I realizing this is the final car. My posts clearly said "IF this is how the car looks, and IF this is how the car is priced" etc. I konw it can change and it is not a static situation.
cheers. :beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i, personally, dont think this car looks to bad at all. i do like the first show car better, though. although i can sacfrice the hood do to the water capturing issues i saw posted on here. i dont think the new hood looks to bad but they can definately come up with better designs. glad they dropped the 19s too, this car needs some 17s max with some thicker tires just like the older muscle cars. love that look.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
i, personally, dont think this car looks to bad at all. i do like the first show car better, though. although i can sacfrice the hood do to the water capturing issues i saw posted on here. i dont think the new hood looks to bad but they can definately come up with better designs. glad they dropped the 19s too, this car needs some 17s max with some thicker tires just like the older muscle cars. love that look.

The 14" rotors won't clear a 17" wheel. This car definitely needs 14" rotors up front! 18's are just fine with me!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ok then, i can make an inch sacrifice for the power to stop when it needs to. heh, and this car will need that much rotor too. although some factory 15" rims with giant tires on it would look pretty cool.

terminator02

Established Member
Do you guys truly think this car looks better than an 03/04? I know i have one, but I really think it looks worse. I am not trying to justify it, because I am sick of my 04, and find driving my 350z to be a little better lately. I am justifiying buying a new car..i just could not buy what they are putting on the table...especially for 40 large. I think they have offered very little in design innovation on this car. The hood on the 03 is a step up..honestly. Plus why would people not pick up a c6 for a little more? Before i got my 350z i thoguht the 03 cobra was the ultimate car. Granted the 350z is not powerful, it does an excellent job turning! it handles well, is pretty fast, and the fit and finish is great. THe paint is awesome too. My 03 paint job sucked, plastic adhesive was coming out of the real spoiler. I had them "fix" it to only do the same thing after another two car washes. I never got the tick, but i have had the "stall" problem. I still love the cobra. I love the speed, the looks, and the sound of my custom exhaust (stock sucked). But i think ford is shooting themselves in the foot with this. I could consider myself to be a "target customer" for this upcomming cobra. I am a current owner. I post on BON and occasionally here. I keep up-to-date on the info. I hate this design, and many others here share my sentiments, or at the very least..."ehh its OK." Ok is not good enough for me. I want and deserve real stripes for 40k. I want a better hood! I want the shelby name on the bumper. This is the time where ford listens to the internet. They WILL change this crap if people speak up. It happened with the viper (though not enough changes occured), it can happen here. I cannot stress enough what a disappointment this is FOR ME. If you like it, that is great, but i think it pales in comparison to the last cobra. I mean they removed the five speed, and threw in a 6 speed. They added a supercharger. They made a great hood. They made a great ass! that is alot of stuff! Hopefully this is addressed

Users who are viewing this thread