yesterday at steeda

BladesII

Established Member
yesterday morning i got my oil changed at the 1500 mile mark. after that, i took a trip to steeda. the short time i was on I-95 i noticed that around 80mph the car would vibrate and i could see the passenger seat shaking. i had just had tire kingdom put on some nitto 305/35 555r on the day before. when i got there i set up an appointment to get suspension work done to the car. and they took me in right away to fix my tire problem. the road force from TK was set at 55.. they got it down to 28...but it still shakes some what.. im gonna ride it and see what happens. along with the helpful guys at steeda, the project manager for the production of the gt500 had just gotten there. he sat down with me and told me tales of Dearborn. he also told me to take off the strut tower brace that goes over the supercharger...if anyone cares... he bent it on the ground with simple force from his weight. we took it off and later on went for a ride and boy did he know that car. the nittos worked then.
Steeda has a lot of suspension parts, heat exchanger soon,, some kind of exhaust system, intake in about a month and pulleys. then to top off the day, i stopped by diablo sport and had a bad ass tune installed, exhaust, pulley and intake to come.

-Dom

redmetal

It's just a push rod V8
Established Member
Evolution said:
I heard diablo hurt a Shelby GT500 while on the dyno, when they were working on the tunes files.

Sounds like you are trying to get into BladesII head, I think that is foul play! Not to mention you are trying to setup other sponsers for failure who sell Diablo tuners. Your car has proven your shops talent and I am sure the hard work you have put into that car will pay the bills!! :beer:

BladesII

Established Member
diablosport could not be more helpful with moding my car. there number 1 goal is to create an efficient tune with reliablilty and safety in mind. i couldnt be happier with my bone stock car with a diablo tune... but next week ill have a lot more thanks to the guys over at DS.

tvguy

BladesII said:
, the project manager for the production of the gt500 had just gotten there. he sat down with me and told me tales of Dearborn.
-Dom

Any more info on this conversation?
pacotaco

BladesII

Established Member
he was explaining how he has like 300 or so gt500 at his fingertips at all times and how he drove one from MI to Texas. he assured me that the car was touigh as hell and could take a lot of use.

bluestreak89

Established Member
redmetal said:
Sounds like you are trying to get into BladesII head, I think that is foul play! Not to mention you are trying to setup other sponsers for failure who sell Diablo tuners. Your car has proven your shops talent and I am sure the hard work you have put into that car will pay the bills!! :beer:
he does that alot

BladesII

Established Member
he told me that just because it was dead weight...not because it has something to do with the tires...think about what your saying man

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
as much as i dont want to back chuck on this, i can see where he got it from.

BladesII said:
he told me that just because it was dead weight...not because it has something to do with the tires...think about what your saying man

he bent it on the ground with simple force from his weight. we took it off and later on went for a ride and boy did he know that car. the nittos worked then.

after you took the strut brace off, and bent it with nothing more than a little weight you said the tires then worked perfectly.:read:

BladesII

Established Member
apologies,apologies...i was jus ranting about my meeting..didnt notice the sequence of phrases...they worked perfectly because we were powering shifting 1st to 2nds and having fun. before we went for the ride... we took that brace off for no reason except it was serving no purpose on the car. but the nittos and brace had nothing in common.

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
Evolution said:
I heard diablo hurt a Shelby GT500 while on the dyno, when they were working on the tunes files.
The Shelby's that Diablo are working w/ are running fine . . . i went for a ride in a my buddy's Diablo tuned GT500 yesterday and it pulls hard, and the other guy who has a Diablosport pulley/tuned GT500, uses it as his daily driver.

chuckstang

Established Member
BladesII said:
LOL
no, I know, when I read it the first time, I read it real quick, but ya, I understand that it has nothing to do with the tires.
He probably just said that about the stock brace because they want to sell their own.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
chuckstang said:
LOL
no, I know, when I read it the first time, I read it real quick, but ya, I understand that it has nothing to do with the tires.
He probably just said that about the stock brace because they want to sell their own.
he said the guy bent it with his weight when it was off the car. I'd hope whatever they would sell him would be better than that

Formula51

Established Member
Guys, just because you can bend the strut tower brace with your own weight does not mean it is not serving it's function. In fact, it may mean that it is highly optimized for weight savings.

When bending something like that, it is likely that he applied a bending force or a compressive force which would cause buckling. For example, if he put his foot in the middle of it or stood it on end and pushed on the other end. However, when installed on the car, the brace will primarily be in tension I believe and thus bending and buckling are of little concern.

It sounds to me, based on the very little informatino we have, that the strut tower brace may be rather optimized to save weight and cost while still providing support. Good work Ford!

bubbrubb

Formula51 said:
Guys, just because you can bend the strut tower brace with your own weight does not mean it is not serving it's function. In fact, it may mean that it is highly optimized for weight savings.

When bending something like that, it is likely that he applied a bending force or a compressive force which would cause buckling. For example, if he put his foot in the middle of it or stood it on end and pushed on the other end. However, when installed on the car, the brace will primarily be in tension I believe and thus bending and buckling are of little concern.

It sounds to me, based on the very little informatino we have, that the strut tower brace may be rather optimized to save weight and cost while still providing support. Good work Ford!
+1, and I'm also betting that the strut brace wasn't designed to resist a load placed upon it like a bridge, but more to be rigid under tension and compression

BladesII

Established Member
first off.. you drive a camaro.. so dont post about shelbys....second the other guy has an H3... h1's retarded sister...i was not about to argue with the guy that managed the entire production of the shelby gt500s and neither should you- true story

Users who are viewing this thread