Yet another E-bay Lightning... 4.6l ???

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNS...oryZ6219QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Id be fine with this, but it says it's a SuperCharged SVT Lightning Clone. Hummm. And it's faster then Ford design... Well, I do like the fact that it is at least got a Vortech under the hood. And it doesnt have Lightning badges on it, so that's a nother plus. I wonder if that thing moves good. I bet it pretty quick. Low 14.s :poke:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I've always wondered what a person is trying to accomplish with stick-on hood scoops, To me they just look stupid.

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
How can you call that a Lightning clone? The front bumper is not the same, the interior is not anywhere near the same, different wheels... the list goes on. In fact, other than the side exhaust I don't see anything that screams clone. Oh yeah... I would expect it to be faster than a stock lightning if $22K was invested in it.

Bootbox

Established Member
What rear bumper setup is that? Looks like a one piece wraparound roll pan, goes all the way onto the bed sides. I like.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
J-Rod76 said:
How can you call that a Lightning clone? The front bumper is not the same, the interior is not anywhere near the same, different wheels... the list goes on. In fact, other than the side exhaust I don't see anything that screams clone. Oh yeah... I would expect it to be faster than a stock lightning if $22K was invested in it.

Being a salvage title, he's probably got $22k in the entire thing. The wrecked truck, the bodywork/paint, wheels/tires, and enough extra to throw a supercharger and a few basics at the motor.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Its not that bad, i guess.
The front bumper isnt horrid the rear roll pan looks a lot better than that sir michaels crap and i do like the paint.
but the interior sucks a monkeys ass the stick on boost guage is rediculous and those wheels are dumb

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Faster than a bone stock L? Possibly but damn that scoop and gauge pod are bad ass! Sign me up I want this dude to do my next build!

BTW that paint is Auto Colors. It's a base sealer -> Flame orange -> Candy Sunset -> Clear. Those pics don't do the color justice. (Ok I like the paint, only because I have bottles of it in my room :) )

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I must be in the minority here, because I like it. Aside from the hood scoop and boost gauge (easily removed) I think it's a pretty good lookin truck.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
I must be in the minority here, because I like it. Aside from the hood scoop and boost gauge (easily removed) I think it's a pretty good lookin truck.

I agree, looks good for a f150, but call it what it is a F150 with some L ground effects :-D

Skrapmetal

Established Member
the roll pan is definitely cleaner than others I've seen, but I don't like how the ass end looks without the back steps.

Combine that with the stick-on scoop and the claims of it being better than a Lightning and you get the reason I don't like it.

The color is cool, though. Would look better on a stang ;)

Users who are viewing this thread