Yet another tire ???-315/35/20 on 20 x 11.0 wheel....Hmmm...Will this work

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Need some insight on this-
For those that run the Nitto D/R's 305/35/20
do you think I can get this 315 in there?

specs- 28.62 O/D with 12.40 Width (only .24" wider the the D/R/'s.)

Looks like my wheels will come from-True Forged

I'm thinking about this tire (Nitto/Invo) since it's an all around better tire for daily driving (wet/dry) then the D/R's. I will just throw on a set of 18" wheels for track days:burnout:

Thanks;-)

Dave07997S

Established Member
That will definitely work, but a 28.62" diameter? I like the Invo's, an excellent street tire.

Excellent video of the tire here..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ9PYv3x7Hg]YouTube - Invo Performance Video[/ame]

GMG just won a ALMS race with a GT3..

I would stick with 19's and run a 275/35/19 front and a 305/30/19 rear. A gain of 20mm all around for a more balanced setup.

Dave

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
And the new NT05 which is avail in 315 20

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfP7XbGSIU"]YouTube - Nitto NT05[/ame]

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I would be carefull of the 11in. wide with bigger than a 305. I have the EIBACH kit on my car and it slightly rubs in the rear because my car is so low. Different springs, different results. I would ask Steve if they are the same off set as mine, if so it's too close to call!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Also depends on how wide the particular brand of 315 is. The Nitto may run smaller than others.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have the dr and it is on a 10.5" rim. i did not look at it too closely on the inner wheel well to see how much clearance was left.

steve is great to work with and i am sure he can give you some good insight, did you pick a wheel from there yet? chicane?

09Troublemaker

Established Member
That will definitely work, but a 28.62" diameter? I like the Invo's, an excellent street tire.

Excellent video of the tire here..

YouTube - Invo Performance Video

GMG just won a ALMS race with a GT3..

I would stick with 19's and run a 275/35/19 front and a 305/30/19 rear. A gain of 20mm all around for a more balanced setup.

Dave

I'm fighting with the idea of running 19's--that 305/30/19 is 26.22 deff much shorter the the D/R's or Invo,,then I also lose some side wall as well...hmmm

evasive And the new NT05 which is avail in 315 20

not on the the Nitto site:shrug: any idea of the measurements?

rdsnk46 I would be carefull of the 11in. wide with bigger than a 305. I have the EIBACH kit on my car and it slightly rubs in the rear because my car is so low. Different springs, different results. I would ask Steve if they are the same off set as mine, if so it's too close to call!
Today 02:51 PM

yep, I remember seeing your pics on the wheel thread. You didn't have much room to spare, aka-height

evasive Also depends on how wide the particular brand of 315 is. The Nitto may run smaller than others.

their like shoes, some run small some big, these I mentioned are a tad bit wider then the D/R's

sgt d i have the dr and it is on a 10.5" rim. i did not look at it too closely on the inner wheel well to see how much clearance was left.

steve is great to work with and i am sure he can give you some good insight, did you pick a wheel from there yet? chicane?

Agree, been speaking with Steve and some e-mails back and forth
No style in concrete yet

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Get the style and tire hammered out so I can copy you, hurry!

Dave07997S

Established Member
I'm fighting with the idea of running 19's--that 305/30/19 is 26.22 deff much shorter the the D/R's or Invo,,then I also lose some side wall as well...hmmm

not on the the Nitto site:shrug: any idea of the measurements?

yep, I remember seeing your pics on the wheel thread. You didn't have much room to spare, aka-height

their like shoes, some run small some big, these I mentioned are a tad bit wider then the D/R's

Agree, been speaking with Steve and some e-mails back and forth
No style in concrete yet

The 305/30/19 is a size available for the Invo..what I will be running on my 997. As long as the front and rear are within .5" of each other you should be fine.

Dave

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's the last one listed:

*315/35ZR20
Overall Diameter 28.62
Overall Width 12.40
Approved Rim 10.5-(11.0)-12.5
Max Load 2337@50

* - Indicates Extra Load (XL)

09Troublemaker

Established Member
The 305/30/19 is a size available for the Invo..what I will be running on my 997. As long as the front and rear are within .5" of each other you should be fine.

Dave

its the should of could of would of scenario I'm not comfortable with
when I haven't seen them in person its hard to assume anything
even finding pics is a nightmare:eek:

Dave07997S

Established Member
its the should of could of would of scenario I'm not comfortable with
when I haven't seen them in person its hard to assume anything
even finding pics is a nightmare:eek:

If the front and rear tires are within .5" you will be fine as far as kicking off an ABS code. The fronts will be 26.5" and the rear are 26.22". This setup will look great on the car. I would go with a 9.5" wide front and a 11" wide rear.

Dave

09Troublemaker

Established Member
If the front and rear tires are within .5" you will be fine as far as kicking off an ABS code. The fronts will be 26.5" and the rear are 26.22". This setup will look great on the car. I would go with a 9.5" wide front and a 11" wide rear.

Dave

I'm looking to add up these sidewall #'s...looks appealing for sure

Dave07997S Quote:
Originally Posted by evasive
Also depends on how wide the particular brand of 315 is. The Nitto may run smaller than others.

The D/R's run narrow..the Invo's actually run somewhat wide, at least as wide as Mich PS2's or the Pirelli Pzero.

Dave

agreed..about 1/4 " on the D/R's. + I get to ride in the rain, lol
I'm searching the web for pics with regard to these sizes

Users who are viewing this thread