Yet another, "What about me?"

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I can not wait until the track is back in season. But until that time, what do all you pros in here think I'll be running with the following mods...

4lb lower
2.80 upper
90mm MAF
K&N w/cai
Predator (generic tune 'pulley, 90mm maf, 93 oct, cai' for now, custom tune after tax season)
Duel single chamber Flowmasters
High flow cats
F1s

Just to give you guys a base to go off of, I am in NC on the coast, my last run was a 13.6 @ 100.7mph and a 2.01 60ft. 75deg and hummid, drive through wet box, shitty track prep, the worst I have ever seen! At the time I had only the...

2.80 upper (thought it was the stocker, so I had the wrong tune in)
90mm maf
K&N (drop in fliter, air box cut open on bottom side)
generic Predator (90mm maf, 93 oct) tune
Flowmasters
F1s

I am just looking for some educated guesses on both track times, and hp/tq numbers. Also, I have bean thinking about cutting the front springs one coil, and removing a leaf, that would give me better wait transfer and a better 60ft correct? What are the pros and cons for track reasons?

Thanks in advance for the help guys! :rockon:

EDIT: What will the boost bypas do for me? I know what it is, I have used the search, I just want to know if it will acctually save me a 10th or so. All I could find on it in regards to the 1/4 mile is "it will take a tick off". Work under WOT only correct? No heat build up on normal driving? Pro and Cons?

EDIT#2: Also, I race it how I drive it, full weight. Spare, Tounue (sp?) cover, Tailgait, tow hitch, and of cource my tool box. (never leave home with out it)

Last edited:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
id guess ur going to sit in the 12's somewhere, depending on track conditions and a good launch. faster than a 13 sec, not quite at a 11. ill say 12.4, just for fun.

HalfTime

Established Member
I'd like that, I would not be upset at all with a 12.4. That would give me hopes of a 11.xx or so with a port, FTVB, slicks and a stall in the future.

Thanks

Anyone else? :shrug: I see alot of lookers, but come on... no ideas? What about the hp/tq #s, springs, or the bypass, come on guys, let me know what you know.

HalfTime

Established Member
LightningFast00 said:
why not just a 6# lower instead of a 4# lower and 2.8 upper... Less belt slippage and cheaper...

Well, the 2.8 is already on. That's the main reason. Pluss this is my DD, my wife drives it regurly as well, she is already scared shitless to give it more then 1/4 throtle. (She got sideways for the first time ever the first time she drove it in the rain, she was turning onto the main road, pulling into traffic and the assend broke loose.) Pluss I am all about less rotating mass, don't know if it maters in these trucks with such hugh tourq numbers though. And 100mm idlers and a Gator back should take care of any belt slip.

HalfTime

Established Member
CentennialVert said:
No clue about the numbers, but that Red/Black theme you have goin is badass! :beer:
:thumbsup: :beer: :rockon:
Thanks bro!​

Anyone else? c'mon, all you pros out thier!?! :poke:

HalfTime

Established Member
You have got to be kidding me!!! One real damn reply all week! You have got to have some ideas? What, did I title it wrong?

:poke: BUMP!!! :poke:​

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
(Quote) Also, I race it how I drive it, full weight. Spare, Tounue (sp?) cover, Tailgait, tow hitch, and of cource my tool box. (never leave home with out it)

You are leaving a lot of time on the table so to speak.
Thats a lot of weight. Just remember every 100 Pounds removed is 1/10 you can take off your time slip. You can have the boost bypass and toqure reduction turned off in your race tune that will help your E.T.
As far as what kind of HP? You should see someware around 390-405 and 475-500 toqure.

Last edited:

HalfTime

Established Member
THUNDER BOLT said:
(Quote) Also, I race it how I drive it, full weight. Spare, Tounue (sp?) cover, Tailgait, tow hitch, and of cource my tool box. (never leave home with out it)

You are leaving a lot of time on the table so to speak.
Thats a lot of weight. Just remember every 100 Pounds removed is 1/10 you can take off your time slip. You can have the boost bypass and toqure reduction turned off in your race tune that will help your E.T.
As far as what kind of HP? You should see someware around 390-405 and 475-500 toqure.

Thanks alot Thunder Bolt, I think i'll at least take out the tool box, but as far as everything else, I like to keep things as close to the real world as posible. Boost bypass is off, how can you tell if the touqe redutcion is off? I will be happy with 400whp and 480qtq, we'll seee when I ever get it on the dyno.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
HalfTime said:
What will the boost bypas do for me? I know what it is, I have used the search, I just want to know if it will acctually save me a 10th or so.

The boost bypass will do nothing....NOTHING to better your 1/4 mile ET's.

The boost bypass does not give more boost or power to the truck by doing the mod.

Stewart

HalfTime

Established Member
Stewart_H said:
The boost bypass will do nothing....NOTHING to better your 1/4 mile ET's.

The boost bypass does not give more boost or power to the truck by doing the mod.

Stewart

So your telling me, and evyone out thier, that not haveing to rebuild boost after the 1-2 shift, or not losing boost if you take your burn out to high, or not losing boost if you boost to much, none of that will have any affect? Thanks for the help, AGAIN Stewart! Why the hell are you out to tell me everything I know or say is wrong? ****!

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
HalfTime said:
So your telling me, and evyone out thier, that not haveing to rebuild boost after the 1-2 shift, or not losing boost if you take your burn out to high, or not losing boost if you boost to much, none of that will have any affect? Thanks for the help, AGAIN Stewart! Why the hell are you out to tell me everything I know or say is wrong? ****!

No, that's not what I posted.

I'm not out here to tell you everything you post is wrong. :shrug: I just didn't want you to be under the misconception that doing the boost bypass will GIVE your truck more power than it already makes, lowering your ET.

Dude, do you have a problem with me? Have I offended you in another life or something?

Stewart

Last edited:

HalfTime

Established Member
Oh, I was still pissed off about the other thread, sorry again.
I know the boost bypass will not "make" hp, but it can safe you embarressment on the track, also the 1-2 shift, if you take out the tq reduction, and boost bypass, that has got to save at least a 10th right?

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
HalfTime said:
Oh, I was still pissed off about the other thread, sorry again.
I know the boost bypass will not "make" hp, but it can safe you embarressment on the track, also the 1-2 shift, if you take out the tq reduction, and boost bypass, that has got to save at least a 10th right?

Save you embarrassment, absolutely. It's basically a "safety valve." But the boost bypass doesn't affect the torque reduction. Torque reduction is controlled by the tune in your PCM.

Besides, you want the torque reduction. It saves your tranny and helps keep it from cutting its life prematurely.

Stewart

HalfTime

Established Member
Makes saince. But something like the FTVB.. doesn't that slam everything togeather so thier is no clutch slip? Thats why it shifts faster correct? Now, if the FTVB is like "poping" the clutch, than all tourq is applied right away, so tourq reduction... ohh, never mind, I just answered my own damn question! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread