You Americans Get?...................

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
You folks down in the good ol US of A get the what we call the "Flew Season"?. I'am really cuious on those that live in the Southern States were it is warm year round and you lucky bastages get to drive you Lightnings with out worrying about Snow, Salt and Sand.

I'am sick as hell right now with a sore throat that feels like I swallowed a wire brush, Now the chills are setting in complete with starting to stuff up complete with the headache and all. I haven't been sick in 3 years with this, now its moving in with a avengence.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Yes, we do. But we call it the "Flu Season"

I already had my Mom inoculated for it this year.

Stewart

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
I think a lot of it has to do with how your body is used to cold weather. Hell, when it drops below 75 degrees, people around here are wearing jackets and long sleeves :shrug: :shrug:

02true blue L

Established Member
SVT_Gixxer1000 said:
You folks down in the good ol US of A get the what we call the "Flew Season"?. I'am really cuious on those that live in the Southern States were it is warm year round and you lucky bastages get to drive you Lightnings with out worrying about Snow, Salt and Sand.

I'am sick as hell right now with a sore throat that feels like I swallowed a wire brush, Now the chills are setting in complete with starting to stuff up complete with the headache and all. I haven't been sick in 3 years with this, now its moving in with a avengence.

sit in a warm water bath with epson salt

02true blue L

Established Member
MoneyPit said:
I think a lot of it has to do with how your body is used to cold weather. Hell, when it drops below 75 degrees, people around here are wearing jackets and long sleeves :shrug: :shrug:
so true,i used to live in miami,and when the temps drop below 75 it was jacket time and crank up the heat.:D
Now i live up here in the northwest and if it gets above 60 it's too hot.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
my company just gave it's first round of flu shot's thursday. Don't think we are lucky....it get's so humid here it takes your breath away some days. This past week it was something like 45* in the morning, by noon it 65* and raining. Screwed our softball games up for the week.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
In New England the nice trucks go in the garage from November to March. JK guys.. ;-)
And the rust buckets with plows show up and rear their ugly head. Got to love the guy in the old Jeep Wagon that you can see thru the doors and no back glass plowing away happy as a peaco<k

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Stewart_H said:
Yes, we do. But we call it the "Flu Season"

I already had my Mom inoculated for it this year.

Stewart

$8 Flu shot at Costco wooo hoo!

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
I so like living in the south. I will get to drive my lightning when ever I want and not have to worry about snow, salt, anything of that nature. The only real problem is rain and flooding. With my truck being lowered that is what I worry about.

Oh and the misquitos are bad all year round, there is not break from those blood suckers.

End of October and it is 82 degrees outside right now.

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
svtpwr02 said:
+1 epson can cure anything.And take some airborn it will make you feel better in no time.

Ya, I'am doing that treatment:). Between that and Neo-Citran I'am conqureing it.

Then I wake up to 6inches of snow on the ground. A complete winter wonder land.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
If you dont ever want to get sick move to so-cal. I lived in Louisiana and Arkansas most of my growing-up life and sure enough every fall a wave of 'the flu' hits everyone, then goes away. Not 'EVERYONE' gets it, but quite a few, its not that bad though.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Cichlids said:

Hey, if you think us spelling it "flu" is funny, believe me, I think you guys spelling it "flew" is funny too!

Is there a reason you guys spell it differently? Is it like, "liter" versus "litre"?

Stewart

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread