You get what you pay for ...but sometimes not..

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Hello,

at the moment i am cleaning my truck for the wintersleep. I have to do a break now to show you what makes me really BÖSE !!!

The Bassani Stainless Steel Cat Back is made from a low quality stainless steel at the polished tips. Look at the pic.
1 - They are way to long and look out of the truck.
2 - No way to get them clean, and they are just 4 month old with a few miles.

I tried all, and believe i have some good cleaning / polishing stuff in my garage.

The connections of the Bassani System are not easy to get really closed. I have also to work on this again.

The tips of my cheap Mac Cat Back i had before were made from HIGH quality stainless steel and never have been looking like this.

The whole truck is clean now with some ugly dirty tips!!! :cuss: BASSANI GUYS :cuss:

I know a lot of you like the Bassanin quality - i don´t know why it looks like that on my truck. Maybe it´s because of the extreme heat from long highspeed cruises.... but it shouldn´t happen at good quality steel.

2ba48a73d0.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thats not acceptable!! I have Magnaflows, and the tips shine nice when clean. I would be emailing those pics to Bassani and demanding a resolution!
PS> I love the autobahn vids of your L !!!!!!!!

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Damn:eek: .

Maybe your tips have been sandblasted by your long, highspeed runs on the Autobahn:shrug: My Magnaflow tips get dirty, but they haven't gotten chipped up like that.

Maybe I need to drive WOT more often to see what kind of damage the roadway will do to them. LOL.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Damn:eek: .

Maybe your tips have been sandblasted by your long, highspeed runs on the Autobahn:shrug: My Magnaflow tips get dirty, but they haven't gotten chipped up like that.

Maybe I need to drive WOT more often to see what kind of damage the roadway will do to them. LOL.

Thats comin from the inside of the steel....not an outside problem...

Bootie

Established Member
Seems like Bassani is hit and miss with QC issues. Some are great and some don't fit like they are supposed to. I think Ron'sbolt's stainless bassani started rusting. That pic just looks like very poor quality stainless to me.

Grombil.com

Established Member
Autosol is good shit! I also use this... Use it with a sponge with plastic "rubbing" on one side... The ones u use in you "cooking hardware"?

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Anyone know why those tailpipes stick out so much? Mine are flush.
If those are pits, obviously no polish will help. That's is totally unacceptable.

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Here are my custom made 4" SS tips flush mount. I got in a wreck and my tips got mangled pretty good so i had a local shop do me some custom tips at the same 45 degree angle as the Bassani. They are turned down 15 degrees. Look great and are of a better SS than the Bassani IMOP.

jons20pics200152.jpg

My tips on the catback for my 01 Cobra started to look like that after 1 year, snow & salt and all that crap. Its an exhaust tip, whats the big deal?

marshie

uk lightning
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
My tips on the catback for my 01 Cobra started to look like that after 1 year, snow & salt and all that crap. Its an exhaust tip, whats the big deal?

i think what Andre is pissed about,is the fact that we have to pay ,shipping,import duty,and VAT
it works out 2x what you guys pay in the USA

if it happened to me i would be :cuss: :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread