You get what you pay for ...but sometimes not..

marshie said:
i think what Andre is pissed about,is the fact that we have to pay ,shipping,import duty,and VAT
it works out 2x what you guys pay in the USA

if it happened to me i would be :cuss: :cuss:

There are several cleaners that he can use to clean the tips. They done a great job on my tips.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
Lightningfr said:
my flow master tips looks brand new......inside is black though
my cheapy flowmaster looks new inside and out after 3 years on the truck.

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
My tips on the catback for my 01 Cobra started to look like that after 1 year, snow & salt and all that crap. Its an exhaust tip, whats the big deal?

the big deal is that the exhaust tips are a big focal/design point on the lightning unlike on the cobra.

svtjackal said:
the big deal is that the exhaust tips are a big focal/design point on the lightning unlike on the cobra.

Its just an asthetic piece and easily clean. Can be done in 30 minutes, no big deal.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Perhaps the polishing compound you are using Andre is too abrasive?

Another thought, it could possibly be due to excessive heat from your long WOT autobahn cruises.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Well...I guess I'm lucky because mine look great and polish up pretty easy.
I thought it was strange how far out they are mounted? When you first
bought them and posted up they were hitting bicycles and pedestrians...
HeHe...I thought maybe Bassani changed the design a little...But it looks
like you got a set that were built on Monday morning (Can you say Hang-
Over)??? I would notify Bassani Andre...Goodluck!!!!

Andre said:
You should read what i wrote. There is more than a picture.

I'll post a pic of both of mine. Trust me...you don't know how mine get, but look good as new when clean. The pic will do it justice tomorrow bro.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Its just an asthetic piece and easily clean. Can be done in 30 minutes, no big deal.

There's a big diff in the tips getting nasty and the tips CORRODING from the inside out. The stainless used in that tip is more than likely not the worlds most expensive stainless and more than likely has another metal mixed with it to create an alloy. That alloying is breaking down. If it's broke down that much in 4 months next year he'll have fuzzy white tips to go with his carpeted garage. Heat, chemicals, cold, road salt, shit they add to the gas all might be causing this. You can polish the shit out of a tip and it'll look good for a while but there is still a chemical breakdown going on and it will continue unless inhibited. Polishing rubs off the corrosion but does not remove impurities in metal.

Adjusting the exhaust to line up is a complete pain in the ass. We removed Will's and just went to put it back on and spent 4 hours lining it up nearly perfect but still not dead on.

It's amazing that one could comment several times in a post and still not read what was posted.

Last edited:

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
I'll post a pic of both of mine. Trust me...you don't know how mine get, but look good as new when clean. The pic will do it justice tomorrow bro.

If the problem is coming from the inside of the metal there is no amount of polish that will fix that...Look at the pic the metal is pitted out...how is polish going to fix that bro?

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I guess i'm lucky,after 3 years my Bassani tip's look just like new.I would definitely get in touch with Bassani,and demand a new set!

SonicBolt

Can't stop whining!
Established Member
Mine also shine up very nicely... Not sure why yours are turning out that way? I've always used simple green to clean them, then a polish to shine them up.

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
ew those looked like my banshee pipes... i got stainless steel trinity pipes on ebay and they were so bad they were brown and gold... i thought i couldnt fix it but i used some 0000 steelwool and some polish and they shine now, but like everyone said, thats not your case... the LFP tips are nice, i got some... but i took them to MONROE and they competely HACKED them up and they are crooked and bent. ruined my 100$ tips.

03stx

Established Member
Another reason I am glad I didn't pay the insane price for bassani. I am really happy with my mac and I think it is well worth the money I paid. Plus my tips fit and look better than all the bassani tips I have seen.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Andre.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Andre,

It has happened before.......

here are pics of my 2 year old system which I had totally replaced under the Warranty after alot of fighting and YES I had and HAVE the SS version not the bx. Bassani does not use T304 stainless like magnaflow they use a lower grade T439 which can and will rust with enough time in anyplace that has salt on the roads or salty air. I dont have pics of my old tips but they looked MUCH worse than your do, you really need to clean them every time you get them wet or drive on even a dry salted roadway.

650625.jpg

650624.jpg

heres the new system it clearly shows T439

652639.jpg

here was what i did to the new SS system before installing it. High temp BBQ grill paint works best it has held up a year in perfect shape so far.

652640.jpg

pitstain said:
Andre,

It has happened before.......

here are pics of my 2 year old system which I had totally replaced under the Warranty after alot of fighting and YES I had and HAVE the SS version not the bx. Bassani does not use T304 stainless like magnaflow they use a lower grade T439 which can and will rust with enough time in anyplace that has salt on the roads or salty air. I dont have pics of my old tips but they looked MUCH worse than your do, you really need to clean them every time you get them wet or drive on even a dry salted roadway.

650625.jpg

650624.jpg

heres the new system it clearly shows T439

652639.jpg

here was what i did to the new SS system before installing it. High temp BBQ grill paint works best it has held up a year in perfect shape so far.

652640.jpg

My exhaust system looks the same from underneath with that level of corrosion. However, I have no problem getting it off the surface of the tip.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
my tips were way beyond Andre's Bassani thought it was nasty enough to warranty it. that should say enough about the fact they know the T439 ain't up to snuff......

EnglishAdam

Established Member
marshie said:
i think what Andre is pissed about,is the fact that we have to pay ,shipping,import duty,and VAT
it works out 2x what you guys pay in the USA

if it happened to me i would be :cuss: :cuss:

Absolutely correct. I would be pissed too.

Marshie, just a quick thread hijack on your sig picture.

KZ1L5191a.jpg

Isn't that you asleep at the tree while my HD romps away to another win? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bwa ha ha. I'd change that if I were you :p

Users who are viewing this thread