you guys with built motors step inside...

boostedblk01

Established Member
How much did it cost you to do a built motor??I want to start a build but i have been hearing some crazy numbers as to what it cost to have done..

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
11.6k for the block with everything done to it (ported heads, cams, ported lower intake etc...)

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I was quoted in the 10,000 range for my longblock setup, we'll see what the final bill comes to later. Stroker setup with TF heads and mild cams.

RMoore92

Established Member
I did mine locally and I think i saved a few bucks.

4,250 for machine work assembly and parts (arp studs, pistons, rods, rings ect)
2,000 - JLP ported heads and head gaskets (8 threaded heads too :) )
500 - CAMs
850 - headers
400 - injectors and fuel pumps
300 - tune

So that put me right around $8,000 +/-

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
what do you guys think of the Lightning Force Performance Pro Street HO Long Block Assembly!$7695...! is it any good?

good luck...im on my second motor with them, still has issues...if i were to do it again i would go somewhere local...or at least somewhere that the people actually know what there doing.

going to a company that is out of driving distance is a bad idea in my book, especially since they dont answer there phone anymore

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Go local.
I saved a bunch when I freshened up my motor with a local engine builder.

Find someone familiar with the Mod motor family and bring all of your parts to them for machining and assembly. I found a builder who rebuilds the city's Crown Vic and Truck fleet engines along with some local cab companys' cruisers so he was fair on his price and he has been through thousands of mod motors.

R&R the engine with some friends, or as I did; I paid a Ford Service Mechanic to R&R the engine in his free time for about 1/3 shop cost.

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
yeah mine is 11,000 i already have the blower pumps injectors and rest of supporting mods. that price is engine heads cams tune and labor

Last edited:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
where did you have yours done??

Mustang Motorsports in Fort Myers,which I will not recommend. The 10,000 doesn't include injectors or upgraded cams, or headers.
A complete built bottom end with everything else being stock will range from 8,900-10,000. Upgrading everything will cost you 12,000-15,000

Edit: My build used a 5.4 block bored over 20 which was found underwater(ocean) and then cleaned up. Plus valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan were from a junk yard. So there was savings in buying junk yard parts.

Last edited:

jeffs

Established Member
why does upgrading the rods and pistons on your existing block cost sooo damn much, I know the rods need upgraded there's 600, pistons, maybe 500, install these with new bearings, balance, hone, bla bla bla, should be more like 1500-2000$ maybe I'm off my rocker??? anything over 10K and you have to be asking "why not a blown 500+ cubic inch BBC".

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
Mine should cost in the neighborhood of $8K, I'll be ordering it tomorrow. I'd consider mine a mild build as well.
built block / Fox Lake stage 2 heads/ custom cams. It's the optional and small things that add up like 255lph pumps, 60lb/hr injectors, gaskets, head studs, etc. Plus you'll need a new tune. Depending on where I'm at $ wise after ordering the block/heads and cams I may throw some OBX headers in there and still need to get idler's. You can do it a lot cheaper if you do it yourself like I was originally going to do.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
why does upgrading the rods and pistons on your existing block cost sooo damn much, I know the rods need upgraded there's 600, pistons, maybe 500, install these with new bearings, balance, hone, bla bla bla, should be more like 1500-2000$ maybe I'm off my rocker??? anything over 10K and you have to be asking "why not a blown 500+ cubic inch BBC".

Prep and installing into the block.
On my sonoma rebuild all I replaced was the bearings and rings on one piston. The prep and parts for that was 1500. I installed the rest.

Labor, parts, and install of a shortblock ranges 4,000+

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member

most of these prices being thrown out or not just upgrading things its putting in a whole new engine block and all

Users who are viewing this thread