You need a Best Friend thats a Mechanic!

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
lightninmike said:
I am the friend thats a mechanic:bash:
+1.
Haha and when you tell people that you are a mechanic they perk up and tone in, like a dog who hears something and they raise their ears. Then they go off on some shit and try to describe a "noise" or problem with their vehicle and ask you "What do you think it is?". Never fails!!!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
LOL SBC...5 miles from my house...:rockon:

New brewery or the old one? If it's the new one I was right by your house last year at Christmas.

Gotta love free tastings.:thumbsup:

simshahh said:
+1.
Haha and when you tell people that you are a mechanic they perk up and tone in, like a dog who hears something and they raise their ears. Then they go off on some shit and try to describe a "noise" or problem with their vehicle and ask you "What do you think it is?". Never fails!!!

That or you get the people that have been burned by a crappy machanic and they want nothing to do with you. "Oh, your a mechanic?" Eyeroll, turn and walk away sipping their drink.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
New brewery or the old one? If it's the new one I was right by your house last year at Christmas.

Gotta love free tastings.:thumbsup:

Prob the same.....jsut up the road in San Marcos basically...back in the industrial park! Free samplings Kick ASS:beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
simshahh said:
+1.
Haha you nailed it right on the head! But now that i dont turn wrenches for aliving anymore (5 years heavy diesel tractor trailer) i dont get asked too much anymore. But when i was in the shop i had everybodys car in there on the weekends. Sorry E, i have never had anyone turn up a nose at me for that aspect but i have had people do it cause i made a living getting my hands dirty........assholes

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
lightninmike said:
But now that i dont turn wrenches for aliving anymore (5 years heavy diesel tractor trailer)

+1... Not quite 5 years but just enough to get a journeyman's ticket. Left that job a LONG time ago.

lightninmike said:
But when i was in the shop i had everybodys car in there on the weekends.

Still do... I don't mind actually. The majority of cars I work on now are my wifes single friends, single moms and women and that don't have much money. Its rewarding.

lightninmike said:
but i have had people do it cause i made a living getting my hands dirty........assholes

Thats why I got out of it. And the guys I worked with were apes. F*** this and f*** that all day long. They could not make civil or normal conversation if their life depended on it. It was embarrassing to be associated with that.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah i never charged any of my friends for work i did, they bought the parts but i wouldnt ask for anything. Well, i might have made them buy lunch but thats it

Dirtyd0g

Established Member
If you have the room for it a lift is a great investment. Mine paid for itself in the first year. I bought a 10,000lb 2 post with extended reach from americasprideonline with a transmission jack and 2 utility stands for $3500 delivered. Whenit comes down to it you only have to do a few jobs for yourself to make the money back. You also get the satisfaction of making sure it was done right by doing it yourself. Not to mention doing jobs for the neighbors here and there makes it pay for itself monetarily.
Alan

Users who are viewing this thread