Youngest GT500 owner I've heard of

TFStang

Established Member
Lucky kid for sure. Can't say that I would trust a 16 year old with a car like that though. I had an 87 IROC when I was in high school and I remember the stupid s#!t I used to do in that 220 HP monster. I can only imagine what would have happened to me had someone given me 500 HP :eek:

Not sure I'd be typing this post right now. Anyway, I'm sure the kid doesn't mind. I sure as heck would have been happy.

GT500R

Established Member
When I was 16 I got a brand new 1986 GT to drive and it was the same jealous people hating for me back then! I'm sure if you got a GT 500 when you turned 16 you'd be real happy. Some people plan and make money so they can give their kids a better life, so no need to put this kid down! Hopefully some of you guys that commented negatively can be better people and look forward to providing something for the future family members you may have!

its not the money issue im concerned about, its this -

your 86GT = 15's 1/4 = lol

his GT500 = 12's 1/4 = not suitable for 16 Y/O

its a bit different

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was 16 I got a brand new 1986 GT to drive and it was the same jealous people hating for me back then! I'm sure if you got a GT 500 when you turned 16 you'd be real happy. Some people plan and make money so they can give their kids a better life, so no need to put this kid down! Hopefully some of you guys that commented negatively can be better people and look forward to providing something for the future family members you may have!

+1

Hopefully the kid is responsible and if he does anything "stupid" hopefully he does it on a empty road.

I've had my Cobra since I was 15, I am now almost 18 and never one wreck or ticket, and it is putting out 428 rwhp.

It's all about maturity, IMO.
Some don't take the car seriously and they wreck it or lose their licenses.

rdsnk46

Established Member
its not the money issue im concerned about, its this -

your 86GT = 15's 1/4 = lol

his GT500 = 12's 1/4 = not suitable for 16 Y/O

its a bit different

You can go fast enough in Yugo to kill yourself so hp really does not matter, its self discipline.

And it's 15.2@ 89mph to be exact! AOD, hollowed cats and 4:10's!:lol1:

manOwar

Established Member
The young man had to earn the respect of his parents to get that ride.

My daughter is asking for a Range Rover Sport.... If I could afford it, she'd have it.... But....

If he's earned it, more power to him!!

6-Speed

Established Member
Geeky looking kid, his parents must be trying to make up for the shallow gene pool :lol:.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't take a car like that near ANY school. Adults are stupid enough when it comes to nice cars, kids are ten times worse.

Let's be nice now. :nono:

Last edited:

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
my bro got a vette at 17 bc he got a free ride to school,,,,so the cash my dad would have spent on school bought him his vette. He doent speed, no tixs he is now 19. not every young kids a dumb ass..

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
my bro got a vette at 17 bc he got a free ride to school,,,,so the cash my dad would have spent on school bought him his vette. He doent speed, no tixs he is now 19. not every young kids a dumb ass..

+1..... I am 20 years old and drive a GT500. Its amazing what happens if you dont act like a dumbass during your whole childhood!

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
More power to him for getting a car like that.
Hope the car does the trick for him with the girls, for the last few months i had my 01 at school no one knew who drove it, i always had to stay aftrerwards in the parking lot to wait for my brother to get out of wrestling everyday. I hope senior year goes better.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The young man had to earn the respect of his parents to get that ride.

If he's earned it, more power to him!!

Matter of opinion. How exactly does a 15 year old "earn" a 50K car, plus insurance and gas? By doing his homework, mowing the lawn and maintaining a decent GPA? Treating his parents with respect?

Those things should all be normal and expected behaviors.

Let's call it what it is. Parents with lots of money and indulging the kid. Which is fine. And I agree the kid seems level headed.

But, there is something to be said for gratification deferred. My son is almost 15. Mows the lawn. Is very respectful of adults. Has a job at the park district. Plays 3 musical instruments and has a 3.8 GPA. He won't even be driving my GT500. On the other hand, I've been contributing to a college fund since he was born and will put him through med school if he shows the initiative. Then he can buy his own GT500.

Last edited:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
wait a second i take back my statement, hes only 15 so he has gone through one year of highschool which is the start of your life pretty much. I cannot think of anyting that he could have done that he would not have mentioned to deserve something like that. I hope it doesnt go to his head.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
So ....mommy and daddy bought a fat kid a car. I'm sure he worked real hard to earn his parents respect by 15. Just another spoiled kid....whats the big deal? Not a hater...just someone who belives anyone under 18 shouldn't have a car that can run 11-12's. I'm sure his parents will buy him some safety mods like a pully and a tune real soon.:beer:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Its a 40k vehicle, not a freaking ferrari.

whats the big deal. Tons of kids get new Tahoes and such, which can be just as expensive.

Its just a mustang folks

KazooGS-T

Established Member
Its a 40k vehicle, not a freaking ferrari.

whats the big deal. Tons of kids get new Tahoes and such, which can be just as expensive.

Its just a mustang folks

I guess all 15 year old kids get 40k vehicles? :shrug: Besides, him being around 16, he's going to go out with his "friends" who will talk him into doing burnouts, he'll shoot off sideways and hit a wall. The point is how can you give a kid a car that has the ability to go that fast as their first car? Do I need to remind you of the M5 story with the 16-17 year old kid?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
My parents bought me a used Lambo when i turned 16

I wanted a Ferrari!:cuss:

KazooGS-T

Established Member
My parents bought me a used Lambo when i turned 16

I wanted a Ferrari!:cuss:

Little off topic; but something like that happened here. Kid's parents bought him a brand new 350z for christmas; he told then he wanted it to be a different color and six speed so they got him that one a few months later. :bash: It was so funny because when he was talking he actually sounded pissed off that his parents bought him a new car (along with several "mods" for it as his gift) and it wasn't the right color.

Users who are viewing this thread