• A. Mediocre QB who relies on defense and running game

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • B. Any QB even Elite

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hotrodjcc

Established Member
A.In American football, a game manager is a quarterback who, despite relatively poor individual statistics such as passing yards and touchdowns, manages to perform well enough to win games.[1][2] Game managers often benefit from strong defense and rushing offense on their teams. The player is expected to not lose games with interceptions, fumbles, or poor decisions, particularly during important situations near the end of a game.
I.E. Alex Smith, Russell Wislon, or Colin Kaepernick

Or
B. Any winning QB I.E. Peyton, Brady, Rodgers ( Former Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian laughed, "Every quarterback is a game manager, it's what the job is all about."[1] College coach Nick Saban added that "I don't think you can be a good quarterback unless you're a really good game manager.")

This is coming from a small debate I had when I labeled Alex Smith a "Game Manager"to a friend

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
A game manager is a QB who doesnt have to be involved in all the points scored and isnt expected to try and bail a team out at the last minute.

They also dont have to throw 25-40 passes a game to win.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Game manager is a QB that doesnt cost the team the game (turnovers). But it isnt expected to bail them out.

Gunslingers like Romo, Stafford, and Favre did/do both.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i have always liked QB's that can inspire. bring the best out of others. those to me are the cream of the crop.

theres quite a few.

brady, montana, elway, flutie, peyton. yes i said flutie...that guy was inspiring....and even tebow...he reminds me of Rudy. his heart, dedication and drive make up for sheer talent....but he made people believe the impossible, was possible.

Sirraf

Established Member
i have always liked QB's that can inspire. bring the best out of others. those to me are the cream of the crop.

theres quite a few.

brady, montana, elway, flutie, peyton. yes i said flutie...that guy was inspiring....and even tebow...he reminds me of Rudy. his heart, dedication and drive make up for sheer talent....but he made people believe the impossible, was possible.

...by being in a commercial during the Superbowl making fun of himself for not being in the NFL.

Coiled03

Established Member
All QBs are game managers. Some just happen to have the ability to win you a game virtually by themselves, too.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Game Manager Q's
1. Dont make a mistake.
2. Move the ball
ie. Alex Smith

Good Q's
1. Hit their targets, WR, TE, RB
2. Score points
3. Offense wins games

Great Q's
1. Hit their targets, on time and in stride!
2. Score points regardless of situation
3. Win Games with or without self stats

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
tony_romo-14475_zps0a135adb.jpg

Tony Romo

Starting QB
Established Member

Do you have a man crush? :dw:

Doing great so far in the first phase of rehab therapy. Thanks to all who were concerned and stand behind the team no matter what! I also congratulate the Seahawks in an amazing performance in the SB. :beer:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Do you have a man crush? :dw:

Doing great so far in the first phase of rehab therapy. Thanks to all who were concerned and stand behind the team no matter what! I also congratulate the Seahawks in an amazing performance in the SB. :beer:

Sup 65fastback.

I wish I could have 2 usernames on here...

Users who are viewing this thread