Your Favorite Exhaust!

Your Favorite Exhaust

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
See the only clip I have heard with the Maganflows sounded terrible in my opinion. Sounded like a toned down glasspack with all the popping and rasp. Here is the clip IM talking about.

2011 GT500 Stock to Magnaflow Swap - YouTube

I thought the first video sounded alright, but the second video with muffler delete sounded awful. I've had a few systems on my car. The best or at least the best sounding IMHO was Flowmasters with resonators install by the gas tank. Everyone has their own taste in what sounds good and what doesn't.

Reason I made my own system this time was because its a twin turbo car and I didn't have a choice. But after building my own, if I need another system for any reason I will build it and not buy a system already made. Its not that hard to build a system and no other system can compare to one you build yourself.

nxhappy

Established Member
I was pleased to find out my 07 vert came with Corsa's .....they sound amazing !

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
To beat that dead horse even more...

Realistically, whatever is your personal preference is going to be the best for you.
One is not necessarily "better" than the other.

I'm sure just about everyone here with after market exhaust, has gotten plenty of "Damn that car sounds GOOD" from others.
Even the Stock 2011+ sound great.

Personally like Magnaflow w/ H pipe

[youtube_browser]6BXdGCj2-2E[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]X6eo9OXLpxI[/youtube_browser]

I have o/r H with magnaflow ovals and over axle pipes on mine as well. It is very tame when you want it to be but gets pretty loud when you floor it. People tell me it sounds good but I am not completely sold on it.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
See the only clip I have heard with the Maganflows sounded terrible in my opinion. Sounded like a toned down glasspack with all the popping and rasp. Here is the clip IM talking about.

2011 GT500 Stock to Magnaflow Swap - YouTube

Those are muffler deletes. I believe they make 3 or 4 different axlebacks for our cars. My first setup I bought pypebomb muffler deletes because they have a baffle inside that gets rid of the annoying rasp/pop noises. They actually sound great but I had to go o/r h so I wouldn't melt my cats.

gr850

Established Member
Borla S type here. Great deep sound and no drone. Couldn't imagine an ATAK or even a S type with cats removed. Doesn't mean anything what they sound like at the tips, it's what they sound like in the driver seat.

Regardless, anything other than Flonastier's.

barspen

Established Member
Just about right...

I installed FRPP M-5230-MSVTLA Sport axle backs (Ford version of the Borla Stingers) today after months of research and listing to YouTube, etc. I love everything about the new sound except the lack growling\popping\gurgle on downshifting. Missing 'that sound' makes them sound too refined to me. I think stock 'growl' sounds mean/nasty and distinguishes the GT500 from other muscle car sounds. I like the deeper tone of the FRPPs over stock and volume is perfect. I just installed them today, so not sure if driving them around a bit will change the tone or not. Any suggestion for dialing it in?

Nasty500

Banned
So everyone seems to have different opinions on this. When I bought my car it had 3 inch x pipe and magnaflows bit to me it was way too quiet. So I took them off and ran no axle backs for a few days. It was unbearable and what most of the clips of muffler deletes I've heard sound like. So I added a 40 series flowmaster which is basically just a bit louder than the magnaflows.

So I have no idea what to get. I've been thinking about flowmaster outlaws but just can't decide.

Towboater68

Established Member
What about without cats? I have long tubes with no cats and stock mufflers... Sounds good but would like a little louder but everyone says if you goto after market without cats it's nascar loud

Users who are viewing this thread