Your idea of the performance "food-chain"???

203Cree

Established Member
instantmassege said:
Sorry bro stock lightnings dont run 13.0's stock. :smmon:

Sorry bro, I posted those directly from the NLOC fastest truck list. All mods are listed, and the runs I listed show no Mods... :)

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

If you still don't believe me, here's the link. You can check for yourself....

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=78736

Numbers 303, 326 and 335. Go ahead. Look for yourself...

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Are you sure their wasn't weight reduction, dr's, drop in filter? with those times. Seem really fast to me, all of the stock l's I've come across didn't run nearly that fast.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
These lists have been pretty strange in general.

What are the lists even of? Stock performance, or modability? Straight line (which seems to be the case) or all around?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Heres my list.

1) Terminator
2) Zo6
3) F-Body
4) DSM
5) Supras
6) SRT4
7) Evo/STi
8) Actually modded correct Honduh's
9) Smokers (Lifted turbodiesels emitting plumes when accelerating)
10) 99-04 Mach1

so now i gotta break it down

1) Terminator - Because rarely will one be stock, and rarely will it be anything under 450hp. The numbers of vehicles are there, but the possibility that when you do find one its modded are high. I mean, who buys a Terminator and leaves it stock?

2) Zo6 - Rare to find one, even rarer its driving by anyone other than a 70 year old guy or a mid-40's woman who has too much money. In my whole life ive seen 1 modded one(or any modded vette for that matter), and it was boltons+nitrous, big whoop. Though they are very fast even in stock form.

3) F-Body - Theres more of them on the road and more of them get modded on a regular basis. More likely each one you find will be modded to some extent

4) DSM - Anyone who leaves these little ****ers off a list arent very smart. Fast and Furious jokes aside, the 4g63 is the Greatest 4cyl motor ever concieved, only equavilent to Chevy's 350. Combine that with a car that can be had for 2k(for a 1g awd) or a bit more if you like looks as well(6-7k for a 2g awd), with the fact you can put together a full on 500hp setup with 3k cash. Things are ultra cheap, because if a DSMer finds said part is overpriced, he WILL find a way to make his own and sell it for less for the good of the community, I used to make FMIC kits for 350$, using an ebay core which was proven past 800whp, because i will not pay 1000$+ for a dam fmic minus piping. Plus AWD means from a stop, youll prolly get taken. Or if youre into freeway runs, FWD versions are just as obtainable and cheap, most times cheaper than their awd counterparts. #4 on my list because if done right, they will take out #1-#3 with ease. and yes, i am an Ex-DSMer, so im a bit biased.

5) Supras - Freeway Queens, if you have the funds. Car alone is 20k+, to mod it like it should will cost. Its easy, on paper, Boost+Fuel=Power, but because of the rarity, vendors can rape buyers on each part. $1000 catbacks are common because the mindset is if you can afford a supra, you can afford the mods.

6) SRT4 - Quick little turdburglars, though their drivers leave something to be desired. Dodge built a 2.4L that can take as much punishment as the 4g63 because it knew drivers will just upp the boost and not fuel and Dodge didnt want to do warranty service on 500k motors, since the drivers can just pull the boost controller off and nobody would be the wiser. Theyre light and nimble, and with the correct setup, can do quite the damage. Block can handle 500hp without even touching anything internally, though mods are not as cheap as their DSM counter-culture yet, and unlike the DSM culture, they have "Stages" so even the dumbest drivers can mod their car further than the run of the mill blowoff valve and intake, though dont ever ask them what the parts included in said stage does, theyll be clueless and distraught and probably act out in anger over their ignorance over how real mods are done in the real world. BTW, the fastest SRT4's dont go with the stages............

7) Evo/STi - I grouped them together, because unless you have AMS do work to the Evo, there isnt much difference to the normal buyer/modder. Quick as hell from a stop, higher end speeds leave much to be desired, unless you have the money to make the power to break the awd drivetrain loss barrier. Most of either car i have run into were usually pretty much stock, aside from your run of the mill boost controller, tune, exhaust, yadda yadda.

8) Hondas - Be it as it may, you can smoke 95% of them with ease. its that other 5% that you dont ever tell your buddies about. Honda parts can be had for cheap, its like some crazy mad underground black market for parts. You can build a full turbo hatch with a beer budget, its light and basically anything in the 300-350hp range is gonna decimate alot of things from a roll.

9) Smokers - You know, youre everyday lifted F350 or Cummins that just add boost and tune, and smoke everyone out when accelerating their 5000lb oversized masses. But theyre everywhere, cheap to mod, and if you try to take one in too low of gear, its 1000lbs of torque and 300hp will suprise you.

10) 99-04 GT/Mach1/Bullitt - Theyre everywhere, which ratio wise at least puts them on the list. Generally quick from the factory, most cars under #3 will have to mod to beat them, and while the ones who challenge and win tell their buddies seconds later, "omg omg i smoked a mustang" the mustang driver goes "man, i cant wait till i spend 5k in mods, like him" and drives on, content in his stock-ness to still be able to do quite the damage.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
wow i am suprised at the amound of people who actually think the SS/WS6 LS1s are faster than the LS1 Z28s and T/As

newflash folks they put the same power down!!!!

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
You guys give Vipers no love. I've only seen about 2 stock vipers in my life out of many, and each produce big #'s. As far as "modability" goes, the Viper wins hands down since 9's and 10's are typical. I have yet to see a highly modded C6Z run a built snake so until then the Viper is on top of the food chain.

03SBSVT

Banned
My all around performance car list goes:
Ford GT
Viper
Z06
GT500
C6
Supra
Terminator
C5
2nd gen L
Mach 1
LS2 GTO
LS1 f bods
LS1 F bods
01-previous Cobras
Foxes

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
SVTgriff said:
I was going by Supras that are modded.....usually they are heavy modded and won't get you from a dig right away but put a hurting on you from a roll and once the get moving.

I don't know what you guys have runnig around you but I rarely see a stock TT Supra around here. The ones i see are pretty modded. Their is a 9.8 second car with in a couple miles from here. He also drives a red Evo that is in the low 11's. I know their has to be other SE Pa people who know this guy. He own Fusion in Havertown.

Snurtle112

Established Member
to the guy that said c5 z06's do not run in the 11's..LMAO...heres a link and enjoy....11.7 on supercars.. just better not hope you run into a modded z06 like myself...

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Win7ermute said:
I'd distinguish between 2006 and up Z06, the old ones aren't that fast.

A bone stock 02 405hp z06 can go into the 11s.

In terms of ultimate modability I will grudingly admit the Viper GTS wins. All of the most extreme HP street cars I have seen are vipers. Yeah Terms and Supras build big power with Turbos, but Its just easier to spool big turbos with an 8.0L V-10, Versus a 4.6 V-8 or (insert displacement here) 6.

In terms of bone stock cars you would see around tampa.

2006 Corvette z06
2006 Viper SRT-10
Carrera GT (there are like 3 that run around the tampa/ clearwater area)
Lambo Gallardo
C5 z06
The occasional Ferrari
Terminator
The Catfish and Fire chickens
EVO/STI
SRT-4/8s
Random Cavalier or Civic CRX that weighs like 1800LBS and has 500WHP, there are at least 2 in tampa. Painted in primer looking like they are about to fall apart.

I may have missed a few rare cars, but those are the ones I run into on a regular basis, altho the jap cars, SRT-4, LS1s and Terminators are never stock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread