Your Ride is Here. Cancer patients and muscle / sports car

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
that...is...amazing. My wife is in the medical field and that makes me want to do that from time to time. When I pick up my new car I will probably see if I cant find something like that here in Denver.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Makes me sad for sure, lost my mom in Oct. of 2010. She helped me get my 1996 convertible Cobra when my credit was shot in my early 20's.

16 years later this is the final product.

RDSNK46 - YouTube

I recently sold my Shelby GT500, I would do 140 mph blast with her and she would scream with joy and excitement, giggling the whole time. I take my dad out and he's shitting his pant and screams stop slow down! LOL! She had huge balls.

I was on a quest for 9's in the Shelby, She passed shortly before this video. She was creamated and I keep a small urn with her ashes in my pocket when I race. Huge thanks to Jared @ Lethal for getting the video of me and my mom going 9's in my Shelby on 23 psi KB 3.6.

Rdsnk46's First 9 Second Pass [email protected] - YouTube

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WOW! Very cool!
We found that my wife had head and neck cancer(throat) right after I was released from the hospital after my liver transplant. Fortunately I was well enough to drive her to all her appointments, tests, scans, chemo and radiation treatments.

The treatments were bad enough, but the cumulative effects of the side effects were absolutely devastating.

Had I not survived or was not able to get her up and going each day, she has told me she probably would have quit because she had gotten so sick, weak and mentally down it would have been too much if she had to actually drive and park.

The way the timing of events played out, in those two years both of us were sick, I am still amazed at and very very thankful to be alive and also to have been well enough when I was needed.

What an awesome service to provide! I can tell you that the need for this type of service is very significant indeed.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
damn that was a good video that was very nice of them to offer their time and cars to do a good thing.

Badass02GT

Established Member
WOW, Im honestly completely blown away at at the care and passion behind such an amazing project!! I will be looking into this more to see if theres anything in my area.

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Thank you for sharing this. My mom had breast cancer, so it really hits home that there are still nice people in this world.

Once again, thanks for the sharing.

texaswrx

Established Member
No problem. It does renew some hope that there are still great people in this world. How awesome is it that such a trivial thing can have such an impact on someone?
My best friend was car guy, and he passed away last year at 40 years old. Kidney cancer was found late, but he made it another two years.

CM5878

Established Member
Awesome video. Over the course of the last two years, I've had two stem cell transplants(I have Multiple Myeloma) and this is an awesome service for those going thru hard times.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats great. Need to see if they do something like that around here.

jleews6

Established Member
Having a child with cancer made that very hard for me to watch and I had to watch it for about two minutes at a time. I wish I had a car that was nice enough to do that because I would love to be able to do that. Everybody involved with YRIH should be proud of them selves because they are doing an incredible thing.
I hate to bore everybody with my story but My son has loved Mustangs ever since he was a baby and I used to take him for rides up and down the street in my race car (red 85 GT) and he has always said that some day he was going to have one just like my car but he wanted his to be stock and original.
Well, when he got home from a long stay at Duke Hospital after a bone marrow transplant my wife and I had his 40K mile red 85 GT waiting for him. One of the best days of my life.:)

And FWIW, John has never driven this car. He put it in our basement 6 years ago when we bought it and said that he will pull it out when he is older and take it to shows with his son.:beer:

John in 1991
scan.jpg

John when he was sick at Duke fighting Cancer.

John with his car when he was cancer free.

johns85gt9705052.gif

johns85gt9705044.gif

texaswrx

Established Member
Having a child with cancer made that very hard for me to watch and I had to watch it for about two minutes at a time. I wish I had a car that was nice enough to do that because I would love to be able to do that. Everybody involved with YRIH should be proud of them selves because they are doing an incredible thing.
I hate to bore everybody with my story but My son has loved Mustangs ever since he was a baby and I used to take him for rides up and down the street in my race car (red 85 GT) and he has always said that some day he was going to have one just like my car but he wanted his to be stock and original.
Well, when he got home from a long stay at Duke Hospital after a bone marrow transplant my wife and I had his 40K mile red 85 GT waiting for him. One of the best days of my life.:)

And FWIW, John has never driven this car. He put it in our basement 6 years ago when we bought it and said that he will pull it out when he is older and take it to shows with his son.:beer:

John in 1991
scan.jpg

johns85gt9705052.gif

johns85gt9705044.gif

You are not boring anyone. I have an 8 year old son, and I can't imagine him going through that.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member

John in 1991
scan.jpg

johns85gt9705052.gif

johns85gt9705044.gif

:beer:

rust0r

Established Member
When I first started watching the video I thought to myself "well this really only applies to "car enthusiests", who else battling cancer really cares how they get there" but it quickly became clear that it's about more than just a ride there. It's about the bond created between the two during that ride, just knowing that there is someone who doesn't even know you that is willing to dedicate their time to taking care of you.

There aren't enough good people like this in the world, these individuals are amazing

Jleews6: Not boring at all, very touching in fact :beer:

brainpa

Established Member
WOW. I spent time (4 years) working at H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. I have seen EVERY DAY a story that could have been helped by this idea/program.

Thank you SO much for sharing. Time to get this going in Palm Beach county.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Just registered myself to volunteer.

I might not have the nicest car ever, but if I can help I will.

Users who are viewing this thread