Your suggestion

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I've reached the next stage and am ready to mod yet again for HP. The wife ruled out a supercharger for me and I'm not wanting to play with N20. So, I'll be chasing NA power. My current mods are, boss intake, lu47 injectors with e85, clutch, catless x-pipe, pypes axle back and most of the suspension mods. Someday boost will be mine, but in the meantime what would you recommend next? I've been eyeing boss 302r exhaust cams or headers.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Headers would 100% be my recommendation for the next step. That'll give you the best bang for the buck currently.

After that I would say lets go with a custom set of camshafts.

Give me a shout I'll give you some pricing on some headers.

Justin81

Established Member
F- That. Get a $799 Nitrous Outlet plate kit and spend a few hours putting it on. Fill up the bottle for $70 and prepare to have a good time. I just went from 11.9 to 11.3 on a very safe 100 shot.

bmoney50

Established Member
F- That. Get a $799 Nitrous Outlet plate kit and spend a few hours putting it on. Fill up the bottle for $70 and prepare to have a good time. I just went from 11.9 to 11.3 on a very safe 100 shot.

I agree nitrous is the best bang for buck. Do you really pay $70 to get a bottle refilled? I started filling my own when I had to pay $5 a pound.

Justin81

Established Member
I've only filled it once and the second time was a half a fill. I was estimating cost. I think it's $7 or 7.50/lbs depending on where you go.

sean04

Established Member
He already said he doesn't want to mess with nitrous. And if you run often filling and swapping
Bottles gets old fast, unless you have your own station.

Go with headers, it's worth the sound alone IMO

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Honestly, headers make the most sense, they're somewhat easier to install too.

Users who are viewing this thread