• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jefe

Established Member
I have the 8" and its a bit short. Wish I could of found a 12" or so. Ebay $8

DSCI0006.jpg

tonyGstuhh

Established Member
i always thought antenna's looked awkward on cars so i would go with an 8" but than again the 14" also looks pretty tight i dont know what i would do yet maybe 14" because it looks like it would just flow better and not stand out

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
How did you hook up your iPod to the Mach 460?

There is actually a write up some where but go to http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/ and search for the one that fits with our mustangs. They say will not work with the mach 460 becasue of the built in 6 disc but it just replaces one of the discs. I could give you a lot more information but I am not at home.
When i get home i will search for the write up and its around $190 i think. And you can also control the ipod throug the head unit itself. so thats why i chose to do it instead of a whole nother head unit.

Jefe

Established Member
Oh ya and my radio reception is spotty with the 8"

f2hatch

Established Member
I vote for the 8" thats what i have. But i am getting rid of it and smoothing the fender over the winter.

svtrookie

Established Member
I originally had the 8 inch antenna. . . .I can't tell you how many times people got in my car and said .. . what is with that stupid looking antenna . . .. Plus the reception was bad. . . I put on a 14inch antenna. . .it looks much better!

Last edited:

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
There is actually a write up some where but go to http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/ and search for the one that fits with our mustangs. They say will not work with the mach 460 becasue of the built in 6 disc but it just replaces one of the discs. I could give you a lot more information but I am not at home.
When i get home i will search for the write up and its around $190 i think. And you can also control the ipod throug the head unit itself. so thats why i chose to do it instead of a whole nother head unit.

Which of the three items listed are needed to do this?

I think roof level is low enough. I'm cutting mine off also.

Last edited:

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
They should have done a power antenna on these cars. My 97 SHO has that.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Yeah... I need a 8" my dam self!! (NO HOME guys!!!) I hate the FISHING POLE that comes with the car... I was just talking about it with my Ol'Man lastnight after TG dinner....

Users who are viewing this thread