your thoughts on the future GT500

VictorySong

Established Member
ok then, ill go let everyone who paid over sticker for one know you think they are ignorant, un patient, and lazy :) If it was that easy to know they were making so many and that they were not limited production, I highly doubt so many THOUSANDS would pay that much over sticker. Not everyone who owns a GT500 is on SVTP.com, or any forum for that matter. I personally did a fair amount of research on the car back in the pre production days, before you could order one, and never came across statements that say they would make as many as people demanded. Im not saying they arent out there, but I never saw them. Once again, just my 2 cents, I see what you mean. And the GT500 is A LOT different than the Cobras, its a SHELBY, not the same as a Cobra. I know its still pretty much 100% SVT, but its got that name Shelby on it, which is SUPPOSED to mean something < I do lol at my last sentence

Who cares about Shelby's name? :shrug: Did you expect the car to gain value instantly? The people who invest in these cars don't use them and they certainly don't expect a profit within 3 years.

I hope the GT500 gets an IRS that HOOKS!! If Ford can't make it work don't put it in there.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
and I, too, at your last sentence. it shouldn't take too long to learn the the name that is on the car doesn't mean crap here, it's about the car it self which is the S197 cobra. "cobra" and "shelby" are one in the same on modern cars.

as for the people that paid over MSRP, well lets just say that some of them(the ones that were on here anyways) were in denial about the not so limited production of the cars. in the end, it's not like it really matters though, as long as everyone is enjoying their cars(and hopefully not shoving them in climate controlled bubbles).

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I find it shocking that 07-09 owners like the older rear end better, really I do, LMAO. Kinda the same way, that I am happy with my Iron block, and have no desire to get that ugly SVTPP or the Electric power steering or maybe the glass roof, all those options suck. (anyone catching the sarcasam here?)

If you hadn't pointed it out, I would've missed it. Ya know, being so subtle and all.

But, I still would've caught the stench of butt hurt. And a whole lotta grammatical errors.:poke:

In all seriousness, they are starting to grow on me. Along with several moles, some unnecessary ear hair and a vestigial tail! Now there's some sarcasm for ya!:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread