Your thoughts on this "WRAPPER" 93R (pic's)

twinvipers

YOU LOST,DON'T BE A BITCH
Established Member
Went to look at this 93R that was never dealer prepped. This is an undercarraige pic of the car. It was obviously not stored properly and wanted opinions on wether to still purchase or not.

I have to give 75K for it.

DSC00298.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
How much better are you expecting a 15 year old car to look!!!

Unless you sprayed it down with WD-40 every year and kept it your living room, I don't see how it would or should be much better than that?!?! :shrug:

twinvipers

Established Member
How much better are you expecting a 15 year old car to look!!!

Unless you sprayed it down with WD-40 every year and kept it your living room, I don't see how it would or should be much better than that?!?! :shrug:

The 3 93's I have do not have a SPEC of rust to be found anywhere under any of the cars. If stored properly,you can have a car with no surface rust underneath.

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
looks pretty good to me, the exhaust is the majority of it. the minor stuff on the pinchwelds or whatever area that is right there could be cleaned up and maybe sprayed with the same color paint real quick.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hopefully by now you've cut off the NVH weights on the rear axle!!!

Yes, they are laying on my workbench still. :p

I also removed the panhard bar (filled with steel shot) :kaboom: and put an adjustable one in. I'll bet those crazy Ford engineers didn't think the car was heavy enough and they didn't want it to blow away in a heavy breeze! :rollseyes

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Yes, they are laying on my workbench still. :p

I also removed the panhard bar (filled with steel shot) :kaboom: and put an adjustable one in. I'll bet those crazy Ford engineers didn't think the car was heavy enough and they didn't want it to blow away in a heavy breeze! :rollseyes

It slows down the suspension to assist the dampners and improves the F/R distribution:lol1::dw:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Went to look at this 93R that was never dealer prepped. This is an undercarraige pic of the car. It was obviously not stored properly and wanted opinions on wether to still purchase or not.

I have to give 75K for it.

DSC00298.gif

I would say that this car has been stored in a non-environmentally controlled garage, no a/c. Humidity, humidity, humidity. A garage with a heater just doesn't get it in some regions of the country.

R

twinvipers

Established Member
I would say that this car has been stored in a non-environmentally controlled garage, no a/c. Humidity, humidity, humidity. A garage with a heater just doesn't get it in some regions of the country.

R

I am pretty disappointed. Flew out (2 flights)to see it yesterday.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I am pretty disappointed. Flew out (2 flights)to see it yesterday.

A thin (light) amount surface rust on unprotected cast iron and other steel parts is normal and part of life, BUT flakey rust on painted parts like those black stamped steel panels on the bottom of the floors is a whole different story. If they are rusting arond the edges (and they are protected), the non-protected metal is well beyond light/thin rust. It is more like "pitted".

My guess is that the natural (unprotected) aluminum parts were oxidized also?

R

Last edited:

twinvipers

Established Member
A thin (light) amount surface rust on unprotected cast iron and other steel parts is normal and part of life, BUT flakey rust on painted parts like those black stamped steel panels on the bottom of the floors is a whole different story. If they are rusting arond the edges (and they are protected), the non-protected metal is well beyond light/thin rust. It is more like "pitted".

My guess is that the natural (unprotected) aluminum parts were oxidized also?

R

I agree. If the drive shaft and rear has light surface rust I could live with it. It's the other rust that concerns me the most.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I think 75K is a little much for given what I can see, which is little. My '95R is much better than that and I have 8K miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread