Your thoughts

Douger

Go BUCKEYES!
Established Member
I went into a Ford dealer to get an oil change on my Ranger and walked into their show room to look at a GT500 they have (09 Vapor/Black with Red inserts) and asked what they would give it to me for. (First, I asked if they had A-plan but they don't, not sure if that is true)

They said they would take invoice which is 42,005 for this particular car. Is that the lowest they will probably go? Are any other dealers going below invoice and has anybody been able to score 0%? Just want to hear your opinions. I am half tempted to trade in my 04 Lightning but not sure what they are going to give me for it. Thanks for your help.

Brian Z.

Established Member
That's a good price for an '09. There's a dealership in florida blowing out '09's and they have a vapor one for just under $42k and that's the best price I've seen on one. Of course the options figure into the equation too but I've been looking at new and used GT500's for about 6 months and right now $42k is about as low as you'll find on a new '09 and $39k seems about as low as new '08's are going for. A month or two from now they might drop more but I'd say go for it at that price.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That is a very solid buy.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
That is a great buy for an 09. I just picked up my 09 for invoice (42,525). The dealer incentives are only on the 2008's for now. Who knows in the future when the 2010 hits the streets....

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Dealer games. Hate dealing with those people. Better to sell outright then to trade anything in.

well, not necessarily. I've always had a game plan in place prior to negotiating with dealer. sometimes its worth taking a little hit on the trade if its what you want.

If timing is not a concern. Then by all means waiting for a private sale
would be great.

its all about how much you're willing to give up.

Imatk

Established Member
Here's my .02 for what its worth.

If you want a new car that sounds like a good deal, but I wouldn't do a trade in to allow them to recoup money unless you have to.

But there are LOADS of used cars that are in very VERY good condition that can be had for much less.

With the new car you're taking the depreciation hit no matter how you look at it.

So just depends on what you want.

IDGT500

Established Member
The dealer here will let gt500s go for below invoice at 40k so they will probably be willing to if not, Id personally wait till the 2010s come out because then they will be much more inclined to take your offer. As for your lightning, Id try going for the private sale first espcially if your gonna play the waiting game. You'll get more for your truck and pay less for the GT500. Unless of course they sell it while you wait, but thats still what I would do.

I tried to get 0% also but the manager "looked into it" and said in my area its not an avail offer but in bigger mustang markets like Cali it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread