Your thoughts

lightningone

Established Member
Fellow lightning owners

Im considering going with the performance package 3 from LFP. I have searched and found out some answers to my questions but just looking for a little more advice. Im just looking for a quicker DD. Im thinking of going with the 6lb, are all the items in the package needed thanks.

bskin38

99L
Established Member
Fellow lightning owners

Im considering going with the performance package 3 from LFP. I have searched and found out some answers to my questions but just looking for a little more advice. Im just looking for a quicker DD. Im thinking of going with the 6lb, are all the items in the package needed thanks.

hey man,
the kit your looking at is listed for 1100$ but your going to need to upgrade your MAF to a BA2400 if your going to use the 6lber. and thats another 220$. but why not just go for the BA2800, incase you wanna really make this a high HP truck some day, it's the same price.
so, i guess the kit is alright. your total will be around 1320$ plus shipping. if you call them an order it, you might be able to bring them down on the price.
ive got everything in that kit except the plenum and my HP is at 412ish/518ish on a high 60 degree day

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I personally have found 90% of my parts in the classifieds. There are plenty of parts out there at good prices. The lower pulley for instance is hard to mess up so there really isnt any worries buying one used. I just sold an SCT MAF and have seen a few of those lately. I would suggest that you get the tuner new since most shops will give you a pretty good deal on the handheld and a cutom or lifetime tunes

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have a power package with pulley,tuner,belt and plugs for $549 for blower puller and $649 for lower..and you are actually close enough to drive up to us for a dyno tune for an extra $250..we are located in anderson SC about 1.5 hours from Columbia.. PM me your # and I will have Rick give you a call aobut your options

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
we have a power package with pulley,tuner,belt and plugs for $549 for blower puller and $649 for lower..and you are actually close enough to drive up to us for a dyno tune for an extra $250..we are located in anderson SC about 1.5 hours from Columbia.. PM me your # and I will have Rick give you a call aobut your options

+1.. Do yourself a favor and go with a reputable tuner. Dyno tune would be the best bet. I personally don't think that LFP should be in the tuning business. They outsource everything...No telling what your gonna get when it comes to a tune. I have some horror stories both personally and third party hearsay from their tunes and built motors.

94jeff

Established Member
Go with the Amazon package and dyno tune. Everything will be done right and you will have no worries about your tune.

lightningone

Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys, I think Im going to go make a trip to anderson sc. Once I get back from my current military training I will be getting ahold of rick thanks again.

S P E E D

Established Member
+1.. Do yourself a favor and go with a reputable tuner. Dyno tune would be the best bet. I personally don't think that LFP should be in the tuning business. They outsource everything...No telling what your gonna get when it comes to a tune. I have some horror stories both personally and third party hearsay from their tunes and built motors.

I don't know man, but I for 1 bought all my stuff from Lightning Force Performance and my truck runs like a RAPED APE. I'm not gonna turn this thread into a this store is better then this store. I will tell you what I have experienced and what I know...

I Bought my SCT SF3, 4 Lbs quick Change Pulley, Magnaflow Cat back, Tr6's and stat from Lightning Force along with LFP's tune. My AEM I bought locally before I knew about LFP. All my stuff was bought on a Monday and I got it on the Wednesday. (I live in Canada and shiping is a bitch) Still only 2 days!

Marc told me I would make 400HP with 500TQ and go high 12's....I made 424WHP with 502 WTQ on the dyno and my air fuel is on the safe side of things.

I went 12.5 @ 109Mph and backed it up over 10 times on 2 different days.

I called 3 other Rival shops for parts that week and I never got calls back until a week and a half later. LFP I called on the monday and Ordered, Wednesday I was bolting on my parts...Friday I hit the track and was not disappointed....a month later I hit the dyno and again was not disappointed!

I will buy from whoever can get me parts as fast as possible, with customer service if I have questions and who has a good price. Hell I'll even pay extra if I can get it when I need it. Lightning Force Performance was all of that for me.

PS: I think my tune and numbers speak for themselves...and that's no horror story here!

Last edited:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
LFP seem like good peeps to me. I ordered their efan kit last week. Granted I ordered it on tuesday expecting to get it on thursday or friday w/ the 2 day shipping.... for whatever reason it didn't make it out. So I called on friday and they picked up the cost to ship it and have it in by saturday morning. There were no dodgy stories or bullshitting, they flat out said they just got backed up and it didn't get shipped out in time, but they made up for it and delivered.

BTW, their efan setup is sweet. It was stupid easy to hook up too.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I have LFP parts on my truck with no problems, I had the dyno tuning done by RWTD years ago and she's still in one piece with a 6lb on the stock mass air meter. Some trucks are different than others, some need ugraded meters, some don't. My thing is you need a dyno tune with a 6lb. no matter where the parts come from. Due to where you live in relation to Amazon, I'd go with them on parts and all. I think they would appreciate the business, but getting all of the stuff from them means they have a better interest in making your truck run well and safe. They also are pretty good or great at tuning from what I've heard around here. I'm one of those people that believes in loyalty, dance with the girl you brought.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
My truck carries 90% of LFP parts. They are damn good parts so I'm not arguing that point. I even bought a shortblock from them. My bad experience comes from buying a shortblock. They changed the internals of my block that was advertised on their site and couldn't tell me what they had built it with. This is because they don't do the work. They hire a shop and the shop sends it out...Your best bet is to buy from the builder.. I'm just telling you guys this so you don't have to go through what I did in the future...

As far as tunes go...Same thing. You win some and you lose some. It is better to talk to the tuner himself instead of going through a third party that doesn't actually do the tune. You guys spend too much money on your trucks for it to go booom..

I'm not trying to a bash LFP by any means infact, I'm sure that one day I will still buy something from them. I can tell you this though, My last two mods were bought from Lethal Performance (Jared) and this guy kicks ass. The guys at Lethal are very helpful and do not waste anytime getting your product to you.

-chris

Robert Francis

Established Member
If you can make it to Amazon, go there for the tune and the parts. Nothing wrong with LFP's set-ups and they have good prices (I've gotten many parts from them over the years), but there's no substitute for a quality tune.

And as previously noted, all setups seem a little different and not all 6lb lowers require a change in MAF's (mine didn't) but Rick can tell on his dyno and take care of you if needed. And if not, you will have saved yourslef some money.

Users who are viewing this thread