YouTube removed 2 of my videos for copyright infringment

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Got an e-mail saying a copyright owner had claimed their content in the videos.

Seems that they are really cracking down on taking down videos with music in them unless you've got consent to use the music. This is really going to reduce the number of YouTube videos and the creativity involved in making videos.

I know there are several posters here with many YouTube videos.

Anyone else have videos removed?

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Interesting - they've basically suspended these two - but say I can replace the offending song from their approved song library and it'll be rehosted - lame. Oh well.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
thats so dumb! videos are going to be so boreing and plain now!, how about long as u say in ur video who the song is by! you should put the name of the song and signer or say " thanks to the music" and name of it. that should be fine, cause ur not selling it, ur not saying its ur music ect, ur letting people kno the owner / singer of the song / parts used in ur video ?

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
thats so dumb! videos are going to be so boreing and plain now!, how about long as u say in ur video who the song is by! you should put the name of the song and signer or say " thanks to the music" and name of it. that should be fine, cause ur not selling it, ur not saying its ur music ect, ur letting people kno the owner / singer of the song / parts used in ur video ?
Yeah it sucks - and doing what you said would seem like it would keep you protected but it doesn't. Read about a lot of videos that give credit to the artist but still get suspended.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
It doesn't matter if you give credit to the artist. The whole point of a copyright is that you can't use whatever you want willy nilly & however you choose if it's copyrighted and not your product. It doesn't matter if you gain anything from the use of it or not, by distributing it for free viewing or listening without consent and/or payment you are devaluing someone else's product. It's up to the owner if they want your form of advertising for them.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
One of mine got flagged for copyrighted material, but all they did was add a link to Itunes below my vid so you could buy the song if you liked it...I thought that was pretty neat, honestly.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I recorded the slowski turtles from the comcast commercials right off of tv and posted it and they did the same thing for the same reasons... I didn't understand. :shrug:

s|ck

Established Member
They removed one of mine 2 days ago. I submitted a dispute and now its back. Bastards deleted all my favorite counts tho :(

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Damn this is worse than I thought - I was thinking it was just isolated to videos with relatively high view counts.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
They deleted one of mine that had Tom Petty's "Runnin' Down a Dream" in it.......Farging Bastiches......

92z28

Established Member
A bunch of my favorites are gone for reasons already stated. I remember when youtube was just bootlegged anime and music.

NEWSVTGUY

Established Member
Thank god, now I don't have to hear all your dumb music in the vids you guys post on here.

THANKS YOUTUBE

bubbrubb

Ya caught me.. ya caught the tater

Bump for another victim. I'm not sure I see the point of them taking down these videos. I do see the hypocrisy of them Rick Rolling everyone on April fools with copyrighted material to generate revenue for their site though - because that is the same thing we were doing for them. :shrug:

Thank god, now I don't have to hear all your dumb music in the vids you guys post on here.

THANKS YOUTUBE

You won't get to watch any of the dumb videos they post either... cause you won't be able to see them.

They just took down one of mine the other day. I opted to leave it up with the deleted audio and the wonderful option of their music to replace it. I chose 'Greensleeves' of course. It will overwrite the car's audio as well. Perfect.

original video on streetfire :rockon:
03 cobra teaser vid
youtube version (if it works) Right now its still playing original audio, but soon enough it's gonna be Greensleeves :lol1::nonono:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBvwb6AeTY]YouTube - Summer of the Snake[/ame]
Thanks for making up my mind to switch to streetfire :bash:

I wonder how many of the videos in the stickied terminator video collection thread are down?

Last edited by a moderator:

exdeath

Established Member
Maybe we'll actually hear the cars now instead of the same 3 songs everyone uses in their videos.

Careful not to play your car stereo too loud or have the windows down, you might get nailed for infringement if someone in ear shot can hear it. Likewise you could be in trouble if you happen to hear someone else's radio or CD playing.

Getting out of hand. :fm::fm::fm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread