Z/28 overhyped!

BMR Tech

I actually like the car.

I don't like the acceleration rate....nor do I think it is priced right.

I think they should have made this car to be in the $50-$55K range.

The damper technology on this car is simply awesome. I would love to see a Ford with similar engineering into the suspension - THAT would be something else.

86merc

Established Member
The parts list for the car is very impressive. I am sure that is why that car is is as expensive as it is.

You have to hand it to GM for getting a car with a curb weight of 3850+ lbs. to handle and break like it does. Imagine if it was actually a light car!

You will get people buying this car just because of what it is. Most will probably sit is temperature and humidity controlled garages for "investment" as a zero mile car. Because for the price anyone who wants to use the car a vette is a better buy.

kingnut

Established Member
These things are complete garbage! GM is going to screw so many customers with that junk box.

you cant screw over the willing.

side note I think its hilarious how guys still stick to brands like its a gang. I bought my 5.0 because it was the best bang for the buck and I loved the look of it. if the new camaro looked better and was a good deal I would jump on one in second.

Voltwings

Established Member
Me and my chevy buddy were just chatting again lol we've come to another conclusion.

Go look in the S550 section of this forum at everyone bitching what they wish the car had. Chevy just trolled the forums and gave everyone everything they wanted haha

Action Bronson

Established Member
you cant screw over the willing.

side note I think its hilarious how guys still stick to brands like its a gang. I bought my 5.0 because it was the best bang for the buck and I loved the look of it. if the new camaro looked better and was a good deal I would jump on one in second.

I agree, and the car has some cool aspects to it like the suspension, engine etc. It's still way overpriced though. But I think GM knows that, and knows they will sell anyway because of the name.

I have no brand loyalty, this is my first Ford in fact. I love cars from all types of manufacturers. Even imports haha.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I like the body on the z. Looks good. It has alittle better weight distribution with the independent rear and all. But still a heavy "racecar". I drove a ss, a srt challenger and a mustang. Guess which I bought????

clinton2003

Established Member
In the video on the motortrend site, guy takes the z/28 around the track

at 2 points the Boss 302 is brought up...
First, Guy said its faster than the boss, other said well yeah, has over 110 more Cubic inches.

Second, Guy said the Boss 302 puts the power down better than the z/28.

HAHA

SCalla1384

Established Member
$75k for a car with no AC and no radio that only traps 117mph? Weak.

I know it's ment for handling. But still not impressive. If the car was in the $40k price range, then I would be much more impressed.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Same over hype the zl1 had.. $75,000 for a car that let's face it in the hands of you or I is a drivers race with a boss, straight line or track. The z28 posts impressive skid and brake numbers but how much of that is from the barely road legal tires.. today's oxymoron. . "4,000 lbs racecar"

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I still stand by my statement that if you gave the Boss 302 LS, which is the comparable Ford model, those same R comp tires, I bet it wouldn't be too far behind the Z/28 with that "ancient" suspension.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I still stand by my statement that if you gave the Boss 302 LS, which is the comparable Ford model, those same R comp tires, I bet it wouldn't be too far behind the Z/28 with that "ancient" suspension.

Totally agreed. Its mostly tires that lets that car handle so well.

Users who are viewing this thread